Gun Camera

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Gun Camera

Postby hockymvp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 pm

I apologize if this has been discussed. I am going to get myself a gift this year. I want a camera I can mount to my pump shotgun. What are some current ones that are being used?
hockymvp
hunter

Re: Gun Camera

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Well it all depends if you shoot ducks at ten yards get a go pro if you shoot any farther they just look like black dots I got a shotkam and love it you can tell what type of ducks you shot at 40 yards :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby hockymvp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Very nice. I have seen the Go Pro. I was especially hoping to hear suggestions besides that, so thank you!
hockymvp
hunter

Postby Benelli92 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 am

Look into the Contour as well. I have one that i put on my hat. It seems that when a camera is mounted on a gun everything goes blurry for a second as the shot is taken.
Benelli92
hunter

Postby shoreboy06 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 am

A guy i hunt with uses a flip camera i think its a pretty good set up and mounts on any gun....Made some good film from last year only problem is the cold kills the battery and a 20 second self shut down makes it hard to get the final calling sequence and the finish but we have made it work
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Postby ScottSpencer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 am

Benelli92 wrote:Look into the Contour as well. I have one that i put on my hat. It seems that when a camera is mounted on a gun everything goes blurry for a second as the shot is taken.
Have you been happy with the video output from it? I was looking at the GoPro but I really like the look of the Contour, especially on a cap!
ScottSpencer
Newb

Re: Re: Gun Camera

Postby goldfish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 am

ScottSpencer wrote:
Benelli92 wrote:Look into the Contour as well. I have one that i put on my hat. It seems that when a camera is mounted on a gun everything goes blurry for a second as the shot is taken.
Have you been happy with the video output from it? I was looking at the GoPro but I really like the look of the Contour, especially on a cap!

My friend loves his contours. He rides dirty bikes, mini bikes, street bikes, snowmobiles, snowboards, basically everything with it. The video comes out pretty decent. Very comparable to go pros. Obviously it isn't espn coverage quality, but darn good for self filmed stuff.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby Benelli92 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:31 am

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the video quality of the Contour. I film in 1080p full HD and its pretty clear. I got some videos on youtube if you wanna check them out.
Benelli92
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 am

Another good option is the Rhino Outdoors Lid Cam. They attach under the brim of a hat and has a rotating lens to get the "down the barrel" or "down the arrow" view. For $149 they are a good deal and provides good video quality and is very simple to operate. It has 3 zoom settings up to 8x, LED lights to double a hat mounted light and for another $20 or so you can get a 32gb micro sd card for a few hours worth of recording. It might not be the best for motocross as you do need a hat to use it but they are fun to mess with and capture kill shots and decent audio.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum