Avery power hunter layout blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Avery power hunter layout blind?

Postby Tfort234 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Anybody tried these blinds just bought 2 and was wondering what to expect. ( Waterproof, durable, comfortable, etc...)
Tfort234
hunter

Re: Avery power hunter layout blind?

Postby Turdchucker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm

would also like some info on this blind... looking at is as my first.
Turdchucker
Newb

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 am

My buddy has 3 of them...I prefer the type with 2 side doors but it's personal preference. They are comfortable and durable though.

I'm sure if you hunt out of them enough you'd get used to the over the head style.
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 am

First off I have an Avery Finisher. I wish I had bought a power hunter tho. Hears why. It seems like with how pressured geese get these days they will pick out blinds in a corn field like no other. A power hunter is a lot easier to hide since its so low profile. We hunt the edges of fields mostly. The GHG Ground Force is another good one. The Finisher great but a pain to hide.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby Tfort234 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys going to my lease in Kansas to try em out I'll let you know what I think
Tfort234
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm

uncomfortable if you've ever been in a regular coffin style blind, can be hard to hide because of the head "cone" but over all its a decent and durable blind.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby bandchaser » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 pm

I recommend keeping both of em and maybe getting a Finisher next season also. I have a Powerhunter and a Finisher both are great blinds. You can't go wrong with either. Use the powerhunter when low profile is required, ie, pond edges, silage or soybean fields, or when you have to walk in. (wet field, or no rut fields) Use the Finisher in cut corn or taller grass. You need some to hide the height. You can't hide a coufin in a flat field, birds will pick you off eventually. If it's cold you may want to take a neoprene mat (old pair of waders) or something to lay on to in the Powerhunter there isn't much protection from cold ground. The Finisher is more roomy and comfortable (when you get to use it) but I find I'm in the Powerhunter 75% of the time anymore. I wish more of my buddies had 'em we would spend alot less time worrying about getting hid and more time killing. Good Luck
bandchaser
hunter

Postby SHPFVR4 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am

bought the power hunter last year.for humping it to the places where the ducks are....usually little cover around.have had great results.tuck your gun in the fold ,strap it on and your two hands free.also have a pair of finishers...they work well but are bulky and can't pack them around.I save them for private field hunting that way we drive to the spot unload and set up.always use the natural brush/grass thats there.I teach my crew that more camo is better........
SHPFVR4
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum