Wader Repair (aqua seal)??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Wader Repair (aqua seal)??

Postby split toe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:21 pm

I have never used this product, but I see it comes with patches. I assume the patched go on the outside of the waders, correct?
split toe
Newb

Re: Wader Repair (aqua seal)??

Postby Joetpr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 pm

I used aqua seal on my brush-tuffs when I burnt a hole through them with the heater. I didn't have the patch but I'd assume it works good too. I just had the gel and it worked awesome. Didn't leak again until the boots cracked. I now have drakes and won't go back.

But aqua seal is great. Make sure the place your putting it on is flat b/c that stuff seems thick at first but ends up running everywhere. I guess so it can really seep into spots and make a good seal.

Here's a picture. Not cosmetically pleasing but worked perfect. I believe the seal was actually tougher than the original knee material.

Joetpr
hunter

Postby split toe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 pm

So I wonder which would be better, the patch or the aqua seal glue? I have not found the hole (it is really small), but I know what area it is in. Can you apply the glue pretty liberally and cover a large area?
split toe
Newb

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 pm

I always put the glue on both sides and the patch on the inside. Small leaks you really don't need the patch. Holds up well on my neoprenes. I have also used Shoe Goo on the seams before and it works like a champ.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby duckin-A » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm

aqua seal fixes everything!!! great product.........also liquid nails is great too!
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby mysticwolf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 pm

I had a leak in my waders a few years ago, couldnt find the leak ( had an idea where it was ) so I spread clear silicone around a 3 inch area and it worked, still dont leak to this day :biggrin:
Love to watch um back peddel when the blind opens up
mysticwolf
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum