Duck Hunting Forum banner

Brushing a layout blind?

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  bobalong 
#1 ·
What do yall use to brush in a layout blind, commercially speaking?

#7 ·
Two years ago, we split up a bag of the Avery grass on our two layout blinds and a dog blind. We add natural stuff when we get to the field. We've since added two bags of rafia grass that we got from WalMart to each layout. The Avery stuff and the rafia just cuts down on the amount of natural vegetation that we have to gather in the field.

#8 ·
The Avery stuff is good and if you tie it down good it will last multiple seasons in the back of the truck and really helps breakup any siloutte more than anything. It's cheap and easy and can't hurt, so why not. I recommend getting the multi colored stuff (green, gold and brown,) it makes it easier to adapt when the birds move. But definately touch it up with natural stuff from where you are hunting that day.

#9 ·
Vincentpa:

That layout looks great!!! How much raffia did it take to do that?

And Im i getting it right that you attach that fencing to the layout using velcro, and just roll it up when you're done? If so can you add some pics of how you have the velcro on the layout and where you have it on the blind?

Thanks In Advance

:beer:

#10 ·
Nerdwick said:
Vincentpa:

That layout looks great!!! How much raffia did it take to do that?

And Im i getting it right that you attach that fencing to the layout using velcro, and just roll it up when you're done? If so can you add some pics of how you have the velcro on the layout and where you have it on the blind?

Thanks In Advance

:beer:
No velcro on the layout. I use the velcro to secure the end of the plastic fence to itself when I roll it up. Velcro isn't needed to attach the blind to the boat. I just unrolled it over the boat. I used about 7 pounds of grass. It takes a lot because when the grass gets wet, it loses its fluff. The grass is attached to the plastic fence with zip ties. I like thus concept because it's quick to set up and take down.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.