aero outdoors duck blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

aero outdoors duck blind

Postby okduckdude » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I am looking into getting some kind of quick set blind for when I take more than just myself for a hunt. Usually its just one person and myself if I take someone.

I have looked at the avian X A-frame blind (pricey), won't consider the banded blind, and have looked at the aero blind. I like the aero blind because it looks sturdy and if it folds flat as it says it does, maybe its something I could use. The blind must be portable, I generally am mobile with a boat, toss out my gear and park the boat else ware. (Some of you might ask why not just have a boat blind and I have considered it, but some shallow water sloughs, a blind would be more applicable)

So my question is has anyone had any experience with aero? What about customer service? Does the blind fold like the website claims?
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Re: aero outdoors duck blind

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Is there any where for you to hide, trees, brush, grass? Check out ameristep or you could try making one yourself. I've seen it done with pvc.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 am

rebelp74 wrote:Is there any where for you to hide, trees, brush, grass? Check out ameristep or you could try making one yourself. I've seen it done with pvc.

Sometime their is and some time their isn't. Sometimes I hunt in shallow water with weeds about knee high and it would be perfect for those situations instead of laying down in my layout blind in mud. Plus when I take people, especially older people, they don't like to hunt out of layouts. I have thought of making something out of steel fence post (not as heavy as T-post) but not as light as poly post for electrical fence. And stringing real grass between the post making an "A" frame type blind but modified. However, I don't think it will hold up in the wind.

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:22 am

the maximus blind?
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby okduckdude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Ya the maximus or known as the deadly duck on the tabs on the website.

okduckdude
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:30 am

I dont think its quite so light and portable as they make it look, would be impossible to set up with out 2-3 guys IMO.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:25 pm

okduckdude wrote:

So my question is has anyone had any experience with aero? What about customer service? Does the blind fold like the website claims?

OKduckdude
Yes, I've dealt with them by buying a roll of their light tan camo plastic mesh which I used to make my own blind panels (10 or 5 sets of 2) out of EMT conduit. I borrowed a conduit bender and bent 10 pieces of 10' conduit into upside down "U" shapes, 3 feet wide and 3 1/2 feet tall. I cable tied my cut-to-size mesh pieces to each panel and hinged two panels each together. I made some stakes out of two 12" spikes that I welded together at the heads with a washer welded at the same place which allows me to slide the spike up into the legs of the conduit panels and push them down into the marsh or field for a field blind. The stakes hold the blind up very nicely. I painted the spikes/stakes orange so you could see them and wouldn't lose them when picking up after the hunt. I use bungee straps to secure whatever the "camo d' jour" is for that hunt. They hook nicely to the plastic mesh on the panels. (I use broom straw quite often) Using 4 sets (8 panels) you have a blind of 3' X 9' and using 5 sets the blind is 3' X 12'. I leave the blind up in the storage house in Saskatchewan and it is invaluable for a couple of us that no longer can handle the layout blind routine!
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 pm

dude,
One of the best portable blinds I ever made (32 years ago and still functioning) is made out of a tennis net with 1"x 1" treated poles for the corners (6) woven into it. I hunt the marshes of eastern NC where phragmites is prevalent, so I wove phragmites into the mesh and it makes a magnificent, lightweight blind. The reeds will last about 5 or 6 years before the blind needs sprucing up. The 30 foot net can make a blind 3' X 12' or you can roll it up on one or both ends and make the blind smaller.
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks ten finger! I was thinking a similar concept before I researched online. I just wasn't sure how well it would hold up in wind and how natural looking I could get it. Im assuming it works very well for you if you are still using it after 32 years! :hammer:

okduckdude
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum