Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby Dedduc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 am

Whats everyones opinions on the Drake vs Avery on customer service and all around quality on products?
Dedduc
hunter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 am


Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am

never delt with Drake's (havent needed too) but I've contacted Avery twice about broken decoys and they have fast response time through email and they replaced the decoy both times no questions asked other than a few basic things.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby sn8ketr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Dedduc wrote:Whats everyones opinions on the Drake vs Avery on customer service and all around quality on products?

I am going to find out soon about Drake's customer service. I bought a 3-1 jacket that is supposed to be water resistant and it was a sponge today. Damn near got hypothermia.
sn8ketr
hunter
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Central Louisiana

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby snapshotmd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Avery CS takes care of you. Drake refers you back to the store you bought it.

I had some GHG deeks that had water in them straight out of the box. Emailed them my receipt and got new ones. AWESOME!!!

Then my Drake blind bag tore after the first hunt. Drake CS told me to deal with Rogers. ***?!?!? I had to buy a new bag from Rogers, then send back the damaged one for credit... then my credit wasn't put in until I called to complain.

Drake is way over rated!
2014-15
3 Canada Geese
User avatar
snapshotmd
hunter
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Harford County, Maryland

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby Dedduc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

I just love talking to an answering machine for a return I have for Drake.... :mad:
Dedduc
hunter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 am

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:59 am

Anyone know if avery will replace widgeon and teal decoys that are really beaten up? They have a lot of paint missing. They are 2-3 years old and look worse than 10+yr old g&h decoys.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....


Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
User avatar
rebelp74
hunter
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 pm
Location: Elm Grove, LA

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Anyone know if avery will replace widgeon and teal decoys that are really beaten up? They have a lot of paint missing. They are 2-3 years old and look worse than 10+yr old g&h decoys.

doubt it, they only have a year warranty, I just got my decoy in by a day, and it was cracked not just used/ abused. you could buy new ones and clear coat them. it really helped the decoys I've put it on.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby Bosco11 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Drakes was first class when I dealt with them. Had a 3-1 jacket that the seems began to come apart and they sent me a brand new one.
Bosco11
hunter
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 am
Location: Ruston, LA

Re: Best Customer Service Drake or Avery??

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Anyone know if avery will replace widgeon and teal decoys that are really beaten up? They have a lot of paint missing. They are 2-3 years old and look worse than 10+yr old g&h decoys.

doubt it, they only have a year warranty, I just got my decoy in by a day, and it was cracked not just used/ abused. you could buy new ones and clear coat them. it really helped the decoys I've put it on.

I started clear coating some of my decoys this past off season and don't have problems with the ones I did, it really does help. I didn't coat those above b/c they were in too bad of shape. Guess I'm gonna repaint them into divers.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....


Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
User avatar
rebelp74
hunter
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 pm
Location: Elm Grove, LA


Return to Hunting Gear Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests