Rivers West

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Rivers West

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Anyone use their clothing? I have a duck hunting jacket of their and love it. Warm, quiet, waterproof and comfortable. I was thinking about getting another jacket and bibs for deer hunting.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: Rivers West

Postby Dr^ke » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:29 pm

I have never used their clothes before as I have the gamehide Monster suit for deer hunting but I know a lot of people that swear buy it for being a warm, solid piece of clothing. I would probably purchase some if they offered in Lost Camo.
Dr^ke
hunter

Rivers West

Postby Tealer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

I use it pretty often. It doesn't breathe at all but it's waterproof and warm. Also carries on of the best warranties and excellent customer service.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby snapshotmd » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 pm

I bought a pair of their fleece waterproof gloves. I like 'em. Use them for the boat ride and setting deeks. Can't call with them so I take them off and rely on hand warmers.
2014-15
3 Canada Geese
snapshotmd
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I barrowed a jacket and pants from a buddy while I was at his house to hang some tree stands and it was pouring rain. I stayed dry and warm, I really liked the jacket my self and it has held up well for him.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Rivers West

Postby m.teeter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 am

I have the Eider jacket and won't EVER have anything else again. Most windproof, waterproof jacket I've ever put my hands on.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm

m.teeter wrote:I have the Eider jacket and won't EVER have anything else again. Most windproof, waterproof jacket I've ever put my hands on.

What he said :ditto:
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:36 am

The jacket I have is an old version of the Eider. It's just as good now as the day I got it. I was thinking about getting Under Armour but think Rivers West has them beat in durability and warmth.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Tealer wrote:I use it pretty often. It doesn't breathe at all but it's waterproof and warm.

That's my take, too. Most waterproof "breathable and waterproof" garment I've owned, but it doesn't breath at all, and is still steamy hot with the underarm vents open if I'm very active in less than COLD weather. Comfortable as an old sweatshirt when I'm relatively inactive.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum