Carhart Jacket

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Carhart Jacket

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm

I got one as a gift that's made from the new rip-stop material.
Super-lightweight. I don't like trying anything new in design so I returned it and exchanged for one made from the old-school materials. Does anyone think they are worth the extra expense? I actually traded my jacket for another of the same type but not rip-stop and got $27 back!?!
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: Carhart Jacket

Postby coruptone » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Sounds like a copy of what wrangler made. I work in commercial construction and use the rip-stop in the summer and carhart the rest of the time. The rip-stop material is good stuff but not built for the cold. Your new jacket will give years of wear and tare. This year when i was out scouting on the river i found a jacket in max 4 made by Dickies left at a blind. Free is always the best. :lol3: :lol3:
coruptone
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm

I've got a "traditional" material Carhart that I wear at work on the cattle ranch and yes its warm, but I dont think they are still that durable. I would have wanted the rip-stop if it was available when I got mine. It's on its 2nd year and it is showing lots of wear, the sleeves, and chest have lots of little holes and a few half dollar sized holes in it with just normal use. all i do is feed cows, unwrap hay bales, climb in and out of the tractors, and other small misc. chores and it hasnt held up like it should IMO
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

if you are talking about the quick-duck I have one and I love it. Keeps me dry and warm, and easy to shoot out of. I would keep it
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum