Bottomland?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Bottomland?

Postby Blackcloud5 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:17 pm

How does bottomland blend in places other than timber? I'm thinking about switching to it but can't decide. Thanks
Cut Em
Blackcloud5
hunter

Re: Bottomland?

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am

Works great for me. Sometimes it can be a little too dark, in some settings, but works good for most places. Only problem I have with bottomland is that mossy oak doesn't promote it. Very limited offerings in bottomland. Under Armour has it in some of there waterfowling line, but it's limited. Drake offers it extensively in their waterfowl line, but I've just not had a lot of good luck with Drake stuff...so I'm staying away from it. I think Columbia is now offering it on there outerwear also.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby ringerslayer21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Love it, just about all I use now, bottomland and shadow grass cant go wrong :thumbsup:
ringerslayer21
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm a huge bottomland fan. Works for my timber and bayou spots. All of my grass spots are in a blind so I don't even need camo there. Also works for all of the other types of hunting I do.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 am

Every camo pattern has evironments in which it blends in well, and places it doesn't.

That's why I have coats in about eight different patterns; I keep looking for the ultimate pattern (which, of course, does not exist).
mudpack
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum