Quick wader question.

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Quick wader question.

Postby Ga ducker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

I was just recently given a set of waders from a friend. The only problem is that they do not have the boots on them like most waders have. I wanted to duck hunt in them in the next few days, and was just wondering what kind of fix I may be able to do in order to be able to hunt in them. Would just wearing an old pair of boots with them be ok for just a hunt or two? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Ga ducker
hunter

Re: Quick wader question.

Postby bones498 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Just use a old pair of sneakers, make sure they are tied on nice and tight if you will be walking in any deep mud. You should be OK for a hunt or two....
bones498
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks Bones! Any suggestions on what to get when I get the funds for new wader boots?
Ga ducker
hunter

Postby bones498 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Any wading shoes from fly fishing companies like Korkers, Orvis, Simms, should last you. I would stay away from the felt soles if you will be hunting in any snow. Felt is like a magnet with snow and you will have several inches of ice build up on the bottoms in just a few steps that makes walking very difficult.
bones498
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum