Will cabelas replace?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Will cabelas replace?

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:30 pm

I have a pair of waders that got a crack in the boots towards the end of season, and it is not repairable. They are cabelas brand, and was seeing if any of you guys know if the will replace them, even being three seasons old. Thanks
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER

"hold my beer...watch this"
SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Re: Will cabelas replace?

Postby reel_time » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Probably not after three seasons, but call and talk to customer service. Stranger things have happened. I returned 2 year old fishing reels that had fried drags.

sent from my boat
reel_time
hunter

Postby slickhair58 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 am

Lifetime warranty on all foot wear or anything branded as a cabelas product. Easier with a receipt. If they are well worn like the lugs on the soles or blackberry or barbed wire rips that would be wear and tear. Boot separating from neoprene will be warranty especially if exchange
slickhair58
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 am

What you should do is call Cabela's and act like you are going to buy another pair of waders just like the ones you tore the boot on.
Act stupid and ask lots of questions as if you're not sure you want to buy that product.
Let the sales person talk you into buying them slowly. Make sure and ask about the lifetime warranty at that time. NOT when you're standing there with a broken pair.

If they won't help you...then buy the new waders that are exactly like your old ones and when they come...swap and say that the broken ones came in the mail so they need to replace them.

I've never done anything like this myself but have heard this scenario before.

Somebody is going to point out that he'll end up with two pairs of new waders... :yes:
THAT is a very good thing if you hunt daily. Wear them on alternating days .
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 am

I went through this with 2yr-old waders last Fall and learned their warranty is for the "life of the wader," whatever that's supposed to mean. They replaced mine, which had been used often and hard, after inspection for abuse.

Failing that: scuff the area of the cracks with steel wool, clean it with acetone, bend the boot to open the cracks and cover them with a layer of two of 3M 5200. The repair will likely outlast the rest of the waders.
Last edited by Rick Hall on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby xtrema2 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:08 am

I had the same problem a couple years back. The waders were 3 years old and they replaced them after I sent them in to be inspected.
xtrema2
hunter

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Looks lie ou guys just saved me damn near $200. I'm going to send them back and try to get them replaced. :thumbsup:
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER

"hold my beer...watch this"
SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:44 am

slickhair58 wrote:Lifetime warranty on all foot wear or anything branded as a cabelas product. Easier with a receipt. If they are well worn like the lugs on the soles or blackberry or barbed wire rips that would be wear and tear. Boot separating from neoprene will be warranty especially if exchange

Look again. Pretty sure Cabela's recinded that warranty last year.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 am

That's the joke of it all....I have the ARMORflex wowwwwwwwww...big deal. I can crawl through broken glass, but the rubber boot dry rots...
It's BS....
LLBean is the way to go. They have a smaller selection, but no questions asked EVER about a return..
My brother's room mate in college gave him a pair of Bean "chain link" boots...when he was done with them. He wore them for a while then gave them to me. I sent them back and they resewed the leather to the boot and resoled them for free. I was the third owner....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

They replaced my 2 yo waders last year with a new pair, no questions asked. That's why I always buy from Cabelas. Helps when they look at your spending habits with them. Convinced two buddies to do the same this year with their 3 yo waders. New waders for all of us this year. I believe it's a loss leader for them. Doubt they pay more than $30 for a pair of waders that they sell for $200.
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm

dsm16428 wrote:
slickhair58 wrote:Lifetime warranty on all foot wear or anything branded as a cabelas product. Easier with a receipt. If they are well worn like the lugs on the soles or blackberry or barbed wire rips that would be wear and tear. Boot separating from neoprene will be warranty especially if exchange

Look again. Pretty sure Cabela's recinded that warranty last year.

Yep, no longer the case and it hasn't been for at least 2 years now. I have a pair of SuperMags I bought in 2005 that started leaking around 2010 that they wouldn't warranty, fix, prorate, etc. Whoever suggested buying a new pair and sending these back - that's the reason they did away with that warranty was because of people abusing the system.... :no:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 pm

I havent had a pair of waders last more than one year yet.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby slamdown11 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

They will.
slamdown11
hunter

Postby Skysweeper007 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm

I worked at cabelas for 3 years and yes they will although they dont have a lifetime warrenty like LL bean they do have "legendary" warrenty wich means they will return anything up to 90 days either if its fails or you dont like it but you can also return up to 10 things a year without a receipt so you will be good to go no matter what. besides that if you sit there and bitch long enough they will let you return it i use to see it happen all the time. A little bit dishonest but if all else fails for some reason be a ninja and buy the same exact thing again and return the old pair with the new receipt and you will have a new pair and your money back!
Last edited by Skysweeper007 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skysweeper007
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm glad you made that post Skysweeper. I'm needing to send mine back, but I'm concerned that they'll find them not leaking. Been procrastinating. Anyway these waders just soak through, no particular leak, the inside of both boots just get damp. I kept using them to make sure it wasn't sweat and it isn't. I've never had this prob, usually I just tear holes in the neoprene. Anyway I just went and looked at the receipt, 12/27/12, so I'm going to get those things sent off Monday morning. :thumbsup:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

Cabela's came through with full credit - no questions asked....
AR Dave
hunter

Postby Skysweeper007 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 am

That's awesome,they generally wont give you a hard time they want return customers. glad it worked out for you!
Skysweeper007
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum