Optifade Waders...?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Optifade Waders...?

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm really curious if any of y'all know if they plan on making waders with Optifade camo or do you think they will by next season..?
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Re: Optifade Waders...?

Postby aunt betty » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Optiwhat? Oh, that Sitka stuff. Sorry, that's way outa my price range.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Well it's not only Sitka that makes it but yeah I agree, it could be cheaper. However, I was looking to know if anyone had an idea if any company or what was planning to make waders in Optifade anytime soon.
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

I own a good bit of the Sitka gear and I recently made a call down to Sitka to ask about a few products. I asked their rep if he knew of anything coming down the pipe for next year. Waders were not on the list.

As you mentioned, Optifade is a Gore product so other companies could I guess pick it up. That said, I have not heard of any waders coming out in that camo from my searches. It must be something that people are interested in though... I started typing Optifade in Google and one of the first "fill ins" was "Optifade Waders".
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby TheRDJ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 am

Optifade is a cool looking pattern but how good can it possibly be in reality? Anyway, how is that Sitka stuff? Is it as good as they advertise? BTW that optifade Supervinci is pretty badass looking
TheRDJ
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:10 am

TheRDJ wrote:Optifade is a cool looking pattern but how good can it possibly be in reality? Anyway, how is that Sitka stuff? Is it as good as they advertise? BTW that optifade Supervinci is pretty badass looking

I LOVE the Sitka gear. I have used Sitka Gear in the past so IMO, it is high quality stuff. Yes, it is expensive and no, I probably would not pay full retail for it. I got almost almost all of mine for 30% to 40% off. I bought a few items before the season on sale for around 10% to 15% off to try it. Liked it so much that when I found a few stores offering the discounts above, I bought a lot of their stuff. At those prices, I compared it to a lot of my older Cabela's gear and it was close in price. Sitka gear fits me a lot better than my Cabela's stuff. They have some of the first bibs that I can move freely in and lift my leg all the way up to my chest. Sure, perhaps there are other bibs out there that can do that but I have not found them in the past few I have owned... at least not that much flexibility.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby cue772 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:44 am

Sitka is good gear, but there are better value options to be found in my opinion. The majority of my duck hunts are a fairly short walk ins and sitting. My clothing doesnt need to be too high tech for that. Some moreno wool base and outer wear that doesnt leak and I'm pretty happy.

Sitka, Under Armour, Core4 Element.. they all excel when temperature regulation is needed, and for me.. thats when I'm moving and the elements rapidly change such as my elk hunts.

As for the Optifade.. its a pretty sweet pattern if you ask me. I'm not sure I could afford a pair of Sitka waders if they made them though.
cue772
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

cue772 wrote:Sitka, Under Armour, Core4 Element.. they all excel when temperature regulation is needed, and for me.. thats when I'm moving and the elements rapidly change such as my elk hunts. .

Yeah, I just recently got some Core4Element stuff and it is nice stuff! They have it on sale pretty much all the time on Camofire.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby cue772 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 am

aclumpkin wrote:
cue772 wrote:Sitka, Under Armour, Core4 Element.. they all excel when temperature regulation is needed, and for me.. thats when I'm moving and the elements rapidly change such as my elk hunts. .

Yeah, I just recently got some Core4Element stuff and it is nice stuff! They have it on sale pretty much all the time on Camofire.

I think its about the best value for quality gear. If youre patient.. you can put together a pretty nice layering system piece by piece on Camofire at a substantial savings. Core4 is a good value even at reg prices in my opinion.
cue772
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

cue772 wrote:
aclumpkin wrote:

I think its about the best value for quality gear. If youre patient.. you can put together a pretty nice layering system piece by piece on Camofire at a substantial savings. Core4 is a good value even at reg prices in my opinion.

Very true and I agree... but I think we both would agree that "value" is still a relative term.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby Guzman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 am

In one of the Sitka videos someone is wearing Optifade waders.
Guzman
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum