Feild Bags

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Feild Bags

Postby goosecaller » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:59 am

Do any of you have the Avery Floating Pit Bag. I was looking at on eat Cabellas and it looked pretty nice. It is really big though and I don't know if I need that much room, but I guess it would be nice to have more room than too little. Any pro's or con's about it. Thanks.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Jim Broadbridge » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:08 am

I don't know much about Avery's, but I bought a new one for this year. Out of all the blind bags and pit bags I checked out I picked Drakes blind bag. It is pretty awsome and a well thought out well planned with all kinds of nifty features a duck hunter needs. This thing has all kinds of internal pockets and clips, finally everything will have it's own place and I won't be digging in my bag for something on the bottom. The liner is 100 % waterproof so nothing can leak into the bag should I put it down in water. Check it out on thier web site, Ive never seen anything like it before. :thumbsup:
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Jim Broadbridge
hunter

Postby ssdienst » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:08 pm

I've got the Avery Floating Blind Bag and absolutely love it. I can fit just about everything I need to in it.
ssdienst
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:45 pm

ssdienst wrote:I've got the Avery Floating Blind Bag and absolutely love it. I can fit just about everything I need to in it.
:welcome: to the site and I couldnt agree more.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby TooTall » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:38 pm

I've also got the Avery pit bag and think it's great. You can use it for anything. From training dogs to dove hunts to long hikes into duck hunting holes. :thumbsup:
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:59 pm

I've got the Avery floating pit bag and love it with one exception. You can fit so much stuff in it that I tend to carry the whole house with me! I wouldn't hesitate in getting one,you'll like it. Like you said, better to have too much room than not enough.

THIN MAN
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby Flyboy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:08 pm

I was thinking of getting the same bag. Has anyone checked out the bags from cabelas? Is the avery or drake better than the cabelas bag? I live in Canada so I can't check them out.
Flyboy
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:55 am

I have the Avery bad and it is very well made...keeps your gear dry as a bone when raining. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby The Cat Island Drake » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:40 pm

I have an Avery floating blind bag and I love it. I can put my THERMACELL, lanyard and calls, shells, face paint, coke's, snack's, extra batteries, cell phone and a lot more. :thumbsup:
There just ain't nothin' like a mornin' woody!
The Cat Island Drake
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Long Grove labs » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:59 am

I've got the Avery Pit bag, and wouldn't trade it fer nuttin'. My buddy has the Cabela's bag, and it looks to be a well made bag.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...Holy crap...what a ride!"
Long Grove labs
hunter

Postby choclablibby » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:34 pm

I was going to buy that bag until I saw it was made in china. I will just keep using my old made in the usa bag until I find another one made here. More stuff made in china= stronger china ecomomy which calls for more fuel and makes us pay higher prices in this country and loses us even more jobs.....
choclablibby
hunter

Postby Daisycuttin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:51 pm

I have the Drake floating blind bag in the XXL and it is great. It holds everything i can ever need and then some. And it is completely waterproof on the inside (big) compartment. I have tested it thoroughly (by accident at the boat launch). Mack's has them for 49.99 for the large and 59.99 for the XXL.
If ya don't like being peppered, don't set up near my spread..!!!!!

07-08 Season Totals
Mallards-0
Spoonies-0
Gadwall-0
Teal-22
Bufflehead 0
Specks-
Geese-7
Bands-00
Daisycuttin
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum