Anyone using Sitka Dakota vest?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Anyone using Sitka Dakota vest?

Postby sernv99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Anyone using the Sitka Dakota vest? I would like feedback on this vest (how warm is it, is the material "thin" or is it heavy enough to be used standalone with a sweater underneath to provide extra warmth).

Thanks.
sernv99
hunter

Re: Anyone using Sitka Dakota vest?

Postby Dedduc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

I just got one, very well made. Only wore it once on a snow goose hunt so far so I can't tell you much about how warm it is yet cause it was like 45 degrees out when I had it on over a hoody with base layers.
Dedduc
hunter

Postby Dan Mallia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 am

sernv99 wrote:Anyone using the Sitka Dakota vest? I would like feedback on this vest (how warm is it, is the material "thin" or is it heavy enough to be used standalone with a sweater underneath to provide extra warmth).

Thanks.

That's one of my favorite pieces from the Sitka Waterfowl line. Its what you might say "thin" but its warm. The fabric is windproof, which helps keep the chill out. It's great as a layering piece under a Delta jacket.

In my opinion, I think you'll be in good shape with it as a layering piece as you described above. :thumbsup:
Dan Mallia
hunter

Postby Dedduc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Dan Mallia wrote:
sernv99 wrote:Anyone using the Sitka Dakota vest? I would like feedback on this vest (how warm is it, is the material "thin" or is it heavy enough to be used standalone with a sweater underneath to provide extra warmth).

Thanks.

That's one of my favorite pieces from the Sitka Waterfowl line. Its what you might say "thin" but its warm. The fabric is windproof, which helps keep the chill out. It's great as a layering piece under a Delta jacket.

In my opinion, I think you'll be in good shape with it as a layering piece as you described above. :thumbsup:

How you like that Delta jacket? Im thinking of getting one. How far does it hang below your waist?
Dedduc
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum