Cabelas northern flight one strap waders..

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Cabelas northern flight one strap waders..

Postby zachh72 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Okay so I have been looking around for a new pair of waders I've had the same cheap pair for about three years. So last week I went to Cabelas to find a new pair and I originally wanted the light mag 800's. But I saw the newer one strap waders and tried them on. I get cold really easy so I thought that the extra weight was nice so I wouldn't get cold in the blind or out walking around. I also liked the pockets and shell holders. So I bought the one strap waders. The one strap idea didn't really bother me because usually I un-buckle a strap while I'm out in the field so it doesn't matter anyways. This is just my opinion hopefully they hold up well since I paid about $250 for them. I'll do a full review when the season rolls around and I get out and hunt a lot in them. But I think they're a great pair of waders so far!
"Every dog is a good dog, there is just something about a hunting dog that complete's a man."
zachh72
hunter

Re: Cabelas northern flight one strap waders..

Postby southernwoody » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm

I got a pair for an early christmas present from my old man. I love them!!! they are awesome i never get cold in them and i get cold easily. i've been down to 5 degrees in them and been too warm! I did rip the first pair but it was on barbed wire in the dark so no fault to the product. I simply returned them and got a brand new pair. they hold up great against sticks and average wear and tear! youll be happy with them.
southernwoody
hunter

Postby zachh72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 pm

They looked really durable as well. And the knees were another thing I liked. I hope they hold up. I'm excited for next season. I hope I stay toasty. I kept getting my feet frozen. It sucked. For $250 they better last a long time!
"Every dog is a good dog, there is just something about a hunting dog that complete's a man."
zachh72
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

I've got them too, bought them just after Christmas this year to replace my 2005 vintage SuperMags. I really really like the 1-strap design, with my wading belt on they stay up just as well as my supermags did and I like that the boots aren't gigantic. I haven't noticed any difference in warmth between the 1200g and 1600g boots.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby 2point » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm

I love mine used them this year a lot even in field hunts laying where we couldn't use our lay out blinds. Very comfortable and warm.
2point
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I really like these waders, the one strap, even the phone holder works well for me. However I'm sending them back because for some reason the insides of the boots just get wet. Not too bad, it's like slow soak from just above the boot I guess. I'm not sure weather to try the same model again or not. Really like them. Might just try another pair. Sending back 2 pairs, of other brands, to their suppliers as well. Waders suck! Am going to try Mack Prairie Wings.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby gride830 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm

My favorite waders ever. I bought a new pair of cabelas waders last year and typically unbuckle the right shoulder anyways. Those waders came out and I was ready to try them. I put probably 40 hunts on them this season. Shell holder design is stellar as well as the one strap design. I put one smal hole in a boot but nothing shoe goo can't fix. Not gonna take them back because it was totally my deal. I will however replace the single strap as soon as I can find someone to sew the buckles to a strap not elastic. The weight of the waders is a little much for the single elastic strap and mine cannot be adjusted any tighter. I will always cherish these waders.
gride830
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm taller so the adjustable strap was good for me. I even put my hunting license / stamps in the cell phone holder and forgot about em. With credit back at Cabela's, I might give them another try but wait till hunting season so the purchase date is later. Do you stay totally dry in them? I'm so hoping something was wrong with my pair. Maybe I got into something like bobwire or briers, I did hunt on my knees one day, kinda doing a stalk type deal.
AR Dave
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum