Turkey vest

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Turkey vest

Postby bjno1300 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 am

Hey guys. I'm looking for some opinions on turkey vest. Looking for a good one for this season. Interested in the ones with the seat cushion on back. Also opinion on a good face mask and gloves. Thanks guys
bjno1300
hunter

Re: Turkey vest

Postby loderup » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I have had cheap walmart vests in the past and this year decided to upgrade... bought the Cabelas Tactical Tt'r II M.O.R.E Vest. Yes it is $149 but it is AWESOME! Incredibly thick cushion for long sits, padded back, PLUS a fold out rest for times a tree is not available.

Here is the link: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Tactical-Tatr-II-MORE-Vest/1321324.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dtactical%2Bvest%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=tactical+vest&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

The fitment is great and plenty of pockets for gear. Can wear loose or snug to prevent bounce or excessive noise. Compared to SEVERAL I tried on, this one was by far the BEST.

Just my $.02. Hope this helps. Good luck!
"Cut'em boys! Wait... what? Oh crap my safety is on!"
loderup
hunter

Re: Turkey vest

Postby preacherdan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

i have a tactical tater, i love the vest...sometimes though there are so many pockets if your in a hurry looking for something you may not find it without a 15 minutes to search all the pockets, but it really is the best vest ive seen on the market, i also got the vest with the kick out legs on it, it makes for a very comfortable sit if you do not have a good tree to be up against...on the downside it is a heavy and bulky vest, if your hunting much public ground and you hunt birds like i do, you probly want to be either in really good shape or pack very light...because its heavy. the butt pad on it is amazing, very nice for long waits and sits....worth the money any day. the question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to carry such a heavy bulky vest. alot of the older guys i hunt with any more just take their vest and empty it, put one diaphram and one slate call in it and a bottle of water and go....i myself like to have alot of options ( and food), Hope this helps, Preacher
preacherdan
DHC Sponsor

Return to Hunting Gear Forum