Equawader jacket?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Equawader jacket?

Postby loon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm thinking of getting the equader jacket that supposed to be waterproof upper and fleece lower that u tuck into the waders. Doesn't the rain just run down into the waders? If it works I think it would be perfect but I don't want the water to run into my waders! Anybody like these? Anybody hate it? Thanks
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Re: Equawader jacket?

Postby Mallard6 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm

got one pretty warm but bottom gets soaked when raining pretty much worthless in rain but awesome when not raining im gonna buy another one shortly
Mallard6
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 pm

When I used the Equawader jacket w/ the waders I had the shell from the 4 in 1 over it. Couldn't get the geese to come my way - but warm & dry. :thumbsup:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:33 pm

search around on here, lots of threads about them.

Personally I have the full zip jacket one, and I like it. comfortable, the top is waterproof, and layered up with UA base layers and a T-shirt under you can stay warm for the whole hunt if it isnt below 40 or so. not the warmest but great for early season and teal hunts.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby cwilson » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm

I too have the full zip & really like it. It is waterproof to an extent, meaning in the event of a light shower or you get splashed you'll be dry. But after a couple hours in a driving rain, you're pretty wet. And yes the water will run down the inside or your waders, but when you have the coat tucked inside the waders (as its designed) it wouldn't matter if you were wearing a rain suit or not; the water would still run into your waders. But for snow and just everyday cold (single digit temps) I love it. I would buy another if this one goes to crap (I've had it for 4 years & still in good shape)
cwilson
hunter

Postby loon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 am

Thanks guys , I think I will order one with my cabelas points .
loon
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Don't tuck under waders on rainy days. I got the full zip and really like it.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby loon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Okay not to beat this dead horse any further but why full zip instead of the quarter zip ? I would think that tucking it in might be more comfortable without the zipper?
loon
hunter

Postby fredmarble » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Code: Select all
I too have the full zip & really like it. It is waterproof to an extent, meaning in the event of a light shower or you get splashed you'll be dry. But after a couple hours in a driving rain, you're pretty wet. And yes the water will run down the inside or your waders, but when you have the coat tucked inside the waders (as its designed) it wouldn't matter if you were wearing a rain suit or not; the water would still run into your waders. But for snow and just everyday cold (single digit temps) I love it. I would buy another if this one goes to crap (I've had it for 4 years & still in good shape)

This Equawader jacket is very nice and perfect to be used,
I'm pretty interested to buy 1 soon,
A successful man is one who makes more money to buy game skinner knife than to his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Lana Turner
fredmarble
hunter

Postby cwilson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:17 pm

loon wrote:Okay not to beat this dead horse any further but why full zip instead of the quarter zip ? I would think that tucking it in might be more comfortable without the zipper?

The full zip has zippers under the armpits for ventilation (I love this) which I don't think the quarter zip has. Also when it is real cold I wear a sweatshirt under it which is easier with the full zip.
cwilson
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I have one and love it. About the only thing Drake ever did right.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 pm

mine is the mock turtle neck this was the third year wearin it and the neck was real scratchy on my neck like it had thorns in it i started wearing a hankerchief on my neck but that didn't stay there long
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:20 pm

I got the full zip because I'd rather put a jacket on rather than use a pull over. I also have a full camo/ non equawader mst jacket and its a pull over and I wear it much less do to the fact I have a full zip parka now.

also neither of my jackets have armpit vents.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby aclumpkin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I have the quarter zip with the fleece on the bottom. It is a great coat as others have said. I do tuck it in my waders though, so I have to watch when it rains. I have only gotten the bottom part wet once and it is not fun.

I have no experience with the full zip though.
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum