Pit Blind Roll Top Question

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Pit Blind Roll Top Question

Postby woodsedge » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm installing a roll top on my pit blind. I don't plan to roll it back when ducks come in but instead simply leave it rolled back a foot or so and use the Gibson's Duck Blind Covers I already have as front or rear cover (depending on which side of the pit I'm shooting out of). I want to be able to simply stand up and shoot instead of having to roll back the roll top and flare the ducks.

My question is should I go ahead and make the roll top the actual width of my pit (4-feet wide) or make it narrower than the actual width? I don't want to have too much overhang on either side but it would be nice to simply roll the cover over the pit when we're not hunting to keep out rain/snow etc.

Any input welcome. Thank you.
woodsedge
hunter

Re: Pit Blind Roll Top Question

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Don't like roll tops.
It makes it to where you can't hunt 360 degrees and limits you to 180.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: Pit Blind Roll Top Question

Postby coruptone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 pm

I hunted out of a pit that had 1 section of garage door over the opening. The tracks had stops built in so it would not fall off.
coruptone
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum