Simms Waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Simms Waders

Postby huntswithmutts » Tue May 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Anyone use Simms waders for duck hunting? Thinking about getting a pair for fishing and hunting. Wondering if they will hold up to duck hunting abuse and if the boots will stay on when walking around in deep mud.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Re: Simms Waders

Postby BigGoonTuna » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 pm

they have a huge following out here in washington, but not so much by hunters. they don't have any kind of "brush tough" outer shell like a lot of hunting waders do. the higher end models are made in the USA.
BigGoonTuna
hunter

Postby Fatback » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 pm

My buddy hunts in them, as he's a fly fisherman first... stay away from felt sole boot, they suck in the muck.
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby SmilingDuck » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:06 pm

I have used Simms waders for many years they are the best breathable waders money can buy. They are expensive but last a long time and are made in the USA. The knee area is real thick I think five layer thickness so are plenty strong for duck hunting. They are not boot foot but you can get a good pair of boots Simms makes good boots also that aren't felt. I have only owned one boot foot hunting wader Lacrosse Alpha Swamp Fox the problem with boot foot is the breathable connecting to the rubber boot, with neoprene it is stronger and adheres much better. I would suggest going to your local flyfishing shop that carries Simms and looking at the waders look inside at the taped seems they are extremely well made. I wouldn't buy the most expensive ones with the zipper but the base model or one above that if you can afford it are awesome they are all I use for flyfishing/duck hunting.
SmilingDuck
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:44 am

I don't use them for hunting personally, but use them for fly fishing and they are awesome, same with Redington. Do have a friend that hunts them though and he has no complaints.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum