hunting warm weather clothes

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

hunting warm weather clothes

Postby stealfeathers » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Always just worn a longsleeve shirt and hoodie if needed. With a glove only on my left hand, and waders with a hat.

Now that i have a little more income than growing up i want some " nicer " clothing. Basically what im looking for is gloves that fit tight and i can feel the trigger. They need to be tight fit, but with decent grip so my hand doesnt slip on the pump of ol trusty wingmaster.

As for the longsleeve shirt, maybe something thats not cotton and doesnt hold water so much. Hows underarmour work? Seems like the skeeters will bite through it easily. Maybe like a breathable jacket with hood and an under armour shirt.. seems like a personel problem i guess..

Under armour doesnt offer a camo tactical hood anymore but i like the idea of that.

I cant stand mis matching camo and my waders are max 4. And everytime i travel to bass pro their max 4 selection seems small. So ill be ordering from online so thats why im asking advice so i dont order the wrong crap. Growing up hunting i never ownded a pair of waders only redneck waders aka black jeans. That being said i need some advice on some of these name brand clothing. So some of yal hunting hotter states or people who hunt early teal what do you wear?
stealfeathers
hunter

Re: hunting warm weather clothes

Postby snapshotmd » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 am

Last year I used longsleeved microfiber shirt in Mossy Oak Breakup Infinity camo, Max-4 cap, and face paint for face and hands. My waders were the breathable Max-4.

IMHO, you're making this into a fashion thing. Camo is camo that breaks up your outline. If you think about it, when it's warm there's still lots of green color that's in the MOBI pattern. The Max-4 actually stood out the most.
2014-15
3 Canada Geese
snapshotmd
hunter

Postby youngston » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:28 am

Thats intresting as with alot of other animals the trick is to handle them and get them used to humans from a young age.
Last edited by youngston on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngston
Newb

Postby mudpack » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

What are the typical temps when you are hunting?
Where I hunt, a jacket and shirt would be far too warm. I have some Max-4 camo, long-sleeved poly jerseys made by Game Winner that are made for hot weather. I think I got them at Academy for $19 each. Well worth the money.

Anything that will prevent mosquito bites will be far too warm. Think OFF!.

Camo net gloves with Grip-Dots fill out my outfit.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 pm

I love early season hunting. Rubber boots, shorts and a UA heat gear camo shirt. Don't make this so hard.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

For tight fitting gloves look at anything Under armor. I have a pair of under armor gloves i got form ***** and they're great for shooting and i can use them comfortably all season if I use a hand warmer when it gets cold late season.
I wear a Cabelas MODB hoodie with a thin camo base layer early in the season.
mawtrfowler
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum