Experience with RedHead Canvasback jacket?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Experience with RedHead Canvasback jacket?

Postby tnhunter42 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I've been looking at the RedHead Canvasback jacket for this year's season. Anybody have any experience with this jacket? How warm is it? Quality? Waterproof? Thanks guys!
tnhunter42
hunter

Re: Experience with RedHead Canvasback jacket?

Postby m.teeter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I've had one and it was great. But last year I bought a Rivers West Eider jacket and completely love it. Most waterproof windproof jacket I've ever worn. And way warmer too.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby huntswithmutts » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 pm

From my experience, Cabela's everything is much better than BPS anything. That being said, Gore-Tex is much better than the Dri-Fowl or whatever it is called.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Postby NCSUhunter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I have one that I've been wearing for about 2 years at least. And not just hunting. Used it working, going out places, anytime I needed a very warm coat. I really like it and the quality has been great. Lots of good features and so far has been waterproof. I would recommend it.
NCSUhunter
hunter

Postby sigpi906 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

I bought one last year due to the price being pretty Lowe for what you get in the features. I like mine a lot... I'll keep wearing it. I've always considered Redhead to be a second tier brand... And it may well be, but I can safely say I've already gotten my $$ worth out of this jacket.

Side note/complaint- the max-4 camo is fine for rice and reeds, BUT if you hunt flooded timber you'll want to steer clear of this pattern/jacket. Mine practically glows in Bayou Meto... All of my hunting buddies mentioned it last year. I'm buy infsomething in Natgear to supplement this year so I don't feel like a leper in the timber
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:27 am

I have one as well and really like it. Word of caution though, take a 12 gauge shell in with you and double check all the elastic shell holders in the pockets before you buy it. I bought one and the sewing was off in one pocket so I couldn't fit all the shells in the loops. Exchanged it and this one is great. Has it goin on 3 seasons. Super warm and very waterproof.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum