Dry Plus Waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Dry Plus Waders

Postby quackstacker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 pm

One of my friends told me that I should buy the Cabelas Dry Plus waders with 600 grams of thinsulate. He said that even on really cold days you will say just as warm as the guys with the neopren waders. Is this true? He said that you just have to layer right under the waders. So I ordered a pair from Cabelas. Was this a good move? :help:
quackstacker
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 pm

im not sure cause i dont know what the weather is like down there... the good thing though is if they arent what you were looking for, cabelas has AWESOME customer service and they'll take them back for an exchange on something else... in my opinion (not that its worth much) you cant go wrong with buying cabelas stuff :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby foggyhunt » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:09 pm

Yes Good Move. you can't seem to go wrong with Cabela's. I've been using my dry plus waders for 5 yrs and no leaks. just be sure to care for them. I put my waders on my boot dryer after every hunt. I walk 1/2 mile carrying about 40 lbs of stuff on my back. I also use the waderwise pants. they are awsome. They keep you warm but I don't think you'll be as warm if you were wearing 5mm or possibly 3mm. But you don't want to sweat in those either. Neoprene's are hard to beat for warmth. Right now, I bearly break a sweat and I'm in alaska. It's still warm where I'm at. lows 40, high around 46 during the day.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby Michigan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 am

Wish it was that cold around Michigan. My opener is on Saturday and it's gonna be 55-60 in the morning and 74 as a high. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Michigan
hunter

Postby BadlabinBville » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:16 pm

I love mine!
I hunted in the ice last year and that was the only time I ever had to use my wader liners and two pair's of socks. I was just fine.

They are so versitile and comfortable. After last year,my buddy got some this year. Here in OK. you never know what the weather will do. We have been from the 90s to freezing in early season and those waders handle it all!
BadlabinBville
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum