Cabela's vs. Mackspw Waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Cabela's vs. Mackspw Waders?

Postby Trent_Rivers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:28 am

Cabelas does not offer bottomland. The choice was easy.
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
SPatrick wrote:
youngoilguy wrote:I've had my cabelas ultimate hunting wader for 10 years and still no leaks. When they wear out ill replace them with the same.

WHAT?????? How is this possible, I go through a pair every 2 years, if not faster!!!!! I am on my 3rd season in my Macks Grand Prairies, I believe they are on there last leg though.

HOW?!?! how do eat waders up so fast??

I had 2 seasons on my Red head 3.5mm classic II's that I first started hunting with before I passed them to my little brother and he's still using them and I'm going on my 3rd season with my Cabela's 5mm neo-strech's. I gave him those when I got my Cabela's waders. we even use our for occasional trout fishing trip, no leaks or anything.

How don't you eat through them. I can't even make it through a season with my supermags before the boots split on me. Cabelas replaces them for free though, they have replaced 8 for me so far. I just bought a pair of the grand prairies hopefully they last longer.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby kbooger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Nelliboy2 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
SPatrick wrote:
youngoilguy wrote:I've had my cabelas ultimate hunting wader for 10 years and still no leaks. When they wear out ill replace them with the same.

WHAT?????? How is this possible, I go through a pair every 2 years, if not faster!!!!! I am on my 3rd season in my Macks Grand Prairies, I believe they are on there last leg though.

I had 2 seasons on my Red head 3.5mm classic II's that I first started hunting with before I passed them to my little brother and he's still using them and I'm going on my 3rd season with my Cabela's 5mm neo-strech's. I gave him those when I got my Cabela's waders. we even use our for occasional trout fishing trip, no leaks or anything.

How don't you eat through them. I can't even make it through a season with my supermags before the boots split on me. Cabelas replaces them for free though, they have replaced 8 for me so far. I just bought a pair of the grand prairies hopefully they last longer.

What are you doing in them? Playing baseball? Keeping them on 24/7? I mean I've heard of hunting hard, but this is crazy to me.

Seriously, now I'm curious.
kbooger
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 pm

kbooger wrote:
Nelliboy2 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
SPatrick wrote:

What are you doing in them? Playing baseball? Keeping them on 24/7? I mean I've heard of hunting hard, but this is crazy to me.

Seriously, now I'm curious.

Around 45-55 days a year in them. I spend a a lot of time walking and being active. I don't sit very much until its my turn in the layout.

The place I have a problem with them is the ankles. About late November I start to see a wear/split mark starting to shot on the from side of my ankle. By Jan you can see insulation and they leak.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:10 pm

The old style boots they had on there supermags were great. Thick and held up a long time. My dads are around 12 years old. Mine lasted 2 season then I out free them. The new ones are very thin rubber compairitively and just don't hold up as well. If the kept them as the old style they would be the best cold weather wader out there.
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Hunterhog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 am

BurninPowder wrote:I've had similar results with my Cabela's gear. You know what they say... If it isn't broken, don't fix it! :thumbsup:

Agreed. My next pair will be from Cabelas. Anything I've ever bought from them is fantastic and reliable.

I like Mack's (heck, I grew up near there), but you'll never have buyer's remorse with anything Cabelas.
Hunterhog
hunter

Postby Cliner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:46 am

I'm gonna try some macks. Cabelas last me with their "lifetime warranty" that's not actually a lifetime warranty. It's the lifetime of the product which they deem 1 year. That's some BS there. I'm gettin Macks next time.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 am

I have a 4 season old pair of armor flex that I like the feel of, but they are certainly overkill on 80% of the days here (heat wise)...
I'd rather get a similar, lighter pair and just use my under gear to stay warm/cool....
Any thoughts on that? Was looking at the LaCrosse....I can't get more than 4 seasons anyway..
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby River Hill » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am

I have supermags and love them. I think I am going to try Macks for a lightweight pair.
River Hill
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 am

River Hill wrote:I have supermags and love them. I think I am going to try Macks for a lightweight pair.

They call them supermags for durability or warmth (thickness)?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Cabela's vs. Mackspw Waders?

Postby nick2021 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 am

Cliner wrote:I'm gonna try some macks. Cabelas last me with their "lifetime warranty" that's not actually a lifetime warranty. It's the lifetime of the product which they deem 1 year. That's some BS there. I'm gettin Macks next time.

^^^this....I am happy that people were able to return their waders after several years use but their lifetime warranty is not what it seems. In the past they used to be a lot more "laxed" but that is not the case now. They did emphasize that they use their own process for determining what the lifetime of any footwear product is and it is not what people think.....
nick2021
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 pm

lifetime means LIFETIME with LL Bean....but they don't have a great selection...
but what's true lifetime worth to you? Maybe not getting the camo pattern you want?
I'd think so
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Trent_Rivers wrote:Cabelas does not offer bottomland. The choice was easy.

Not sure anyone can ever say that any better.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Nelliboy2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Nelliboy2 wrote:The old style boots they had on there supermags were great. Thick and held up a long time. My dads are around 12 years old. Mine lasted 2 season then I out free them. The new ones are very thin rubber compairitively and just don't hold up as well. If the kept them as the old style they would be the best cold weather wader out there.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup: My dad and his buddy both have a pair of the orignals....still going strong. New boot=junk to be honest.
Nelliboy2
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum