Face masks

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Face masks

Postby AK Ducks » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:39 pm

I want to get a good face mask, tha last one I bought was one size fits all, yah right I don't have a huge head but it is slightly bigger then most but this mask wouldn't fit at all. I want something cheap but good,
thanks
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:40 pm

Camoskinz at cabelas are alright. Very warm if you get the fleece lined one too. Only drawback, is that you either need to pull up the mask to call or cut a slit in it.

Also have a caller mask. The skimask looking thing. It is alright, but doesn't stay on your face very well.

If you find a good one post it up cause I need a perfect one too.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:35 pm

i just wear the camo ski mask style. they keep you nice and warm too. i get mine at sportsmans warehouse for i think about 5 bucks and there in various camos.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 10 ga. » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:52 pm

I use a camo bandana when its not on your face it keeps your neck warm and you can get them for$.99.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby DUKHTR » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:35 pm

you may wish to try Spandoflage......I am pretty sure Wing Supply has them ....it is an elastic type of net for which you cut slits for eyes and mouth that fit you....they actually add warmth too....easy to stuff in your pocket...about $12, but last for seasons
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lonewolf » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:02 pm

I gave up on the facemask a couple years ago. I now use camo face paint. It is cheap and covers every thing. I really got tired of pulling up the mask to call, spit out tobacco, or take a drink.
Here's to us and those like us, There's damn few of us left.
lonewolf
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:22 pm

Most of the time they are too warm. I use the trucker style hat with the camo netting. You can see through it and calling isn't a problem. It does tend to freeze up around the mouth area if you call alot. $11.00. All different type of camo too.
tstrong
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum