Momarsh invisichair?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Momarsh invisichair?

Postby loon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:05 am

Anybody used one of these? It's sort of like a sitting up layout blind for shallow water. I think this thing might really work all grassed out with cat tails in a couple feet of water. I just want to make sure it won't end up in the closet next to my ginsu and my ronco pocket fisherman.
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Re: Momarsh invisichair?

Postby Fowl Intentions » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:51 pm

So I don't have any personal experience with this product and I doubt many do. This was just released this year. From the description they designed it to work with vertical cover, i.e. cattails, flooded corn, and the like. I know I want one and would use it a lot. Hide you from overhead too. I might be getting one for this season but I have to watch my funds. I know Momarsh puts a lot of thought into their products and the guide so I think there has been a lot of testing with this chair. If anything call Ira and talk to him first hand. He's a good guy.
Good luck and let us know if you get one. Oh and it's got a spot in back for your pocket fisherman.

cheers

erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby apg36820 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 pm

This thing looks pretty slick. They featured it on one of the new episodes of RNT tv. Anyone that freelances would really benefit I think .
apg36820
hunter

Postby ducknado » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:44 am

They look really cool. Especially for hunting from relatively dense standing cover.

My primary concern with it is transporting it into the field. If I had a private land spot where I could leave it, or the ability to throw it into a sled/boat, no problem. However, when hiking in any distance, having to carry both the chair and dekes/gun/etc...you start to run out of carrying capacity.
"not all those who wander are lost"
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
ducknado
hunter

Postby Fowl Intentions » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 am

I know of a lot of guys buy the game carts and use those to hike in their gear. I agree getting it to your location could be hard...and trying to stay awake when it gets slow.

cheers

erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby Erie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Fowl Intentions wrote:...and trying to stay awake when it gets slow.
cheers
erich

I haven't hunted out of one...yet :biggrin: but I think your right when you say it may be tough to stay awake. Every year more people try to recreate the wheel with new versions of already existing products but this is something completely new, as far as I know. It's going to be perfect for the individuals that have a hard time getting out of layout blind or marsh boat, my dad included so I'm really excited to be able to now conceal him in the cattails while my brother and I use the marsh boats. It sounds like they should be in a few weeks and I am looking forward to getting one of the firsts.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby TalkinQuack16 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:46 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on one. Looks like my whole hunting party will be getting them. I already hunt from the Momarsh Fat boy and can't say enough good things about their products. Our hunting spots are either flooded smartweed or flooded corn and I think the Invisichair will be the final piece to the puzzle.
TalkinQuack16
hunter

Postby BDK » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

Think there great for all kinds , kids that cant stay still are covered and comfortable, the older guys that have trouble sitting up in layout blinds . Or people that like to film and take photos also. I think they would be successful in places where there is no standing cover just have somthing to break the silhouette up . U can always find brush and grasss to do that. I hunt alot of public land so hiding is a big deal but most the time they dont shy from somthing as long its not shiny or moving

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
BDK
hunter

Postby 541-feet-down » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 pm

how about the dog version? I want an avery stand but this thing comes with a blind for ten dollars more.. That chair looks wicked for cattails
When you come into a morning meeting and forget your lanyard around your neck you may have an addiction.
541-feet-down
hunter

Postby Erie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm

BDK wrote: Or people that like to film and take photos also.

I know that's one reason why Im so excited about getting one. Keep the tripod set up right in front close to the the hood and shoot away.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby BDK » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Yea that be sweet
BDK
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 pm

My buddies and i have an order in for a few now, along with the invisilab.. As already mentioned, it will benefit freelance hunters. MOmarsh makes some great products!
Coleman24
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Can somebody post a link to a picture? Thanks
Blake1403
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:36 am

Blake, here's a link, there is a video in there as well. Check it out

http://www.momarsh.com/shallow-water-so ... air-blind/
Coleman24
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:53 am

How much does one cost? Looks like a good product
Blake1403
hunter

Postby BDK » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:12 pm

299.95 invisichair
189.00 invisilab

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
BDK
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:00 pm

those do look sweet
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby montanatest » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:17 pm

We hopefully will be getting one to test and review. I spoke with them and they should have come in this week, we'll see. It looks like it should work but I will hold off until I get one and our testers get their hands on it. When we do I will post our results.
montanatest
Newb

Postby Erie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 pm

I got mine on Friday and I'm telling you there was some serious design thought that went into both the chair and the dog blind!! I can't wait to use these. I'm going to set up the tripod and camera today to see how everything will work taking video from the chair.

Both have a coat of flat tan paint on them and ready for opening day.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby BDK » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Looking good . You will have to post pics in action

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
BDK
hunter

Postby quanah labs » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

The invisalab looks very useful but that chair looks ridiculous to me, I guess I'm missing something because I'm surprised with all the positive responses. I'd like to here how that fancy lawn chair holds up by the time the season is over.
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Postby montanatest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 am

You may be right! I have some concerns myself but I will hold off final judgement until we test and review!
montanatest
Newb

Postby ksgoosekillr » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 am

that thing looks like a lawn chair with an upside down laundry basket on top of it..... and I still want one! :yes:
post up a picture of how it folds down for transport
ksgoosekillr
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 am

Sat in one not to long ago, Ira and the folks at momarsh did a great job on that chair. You can tell that it has had the crap tested out of it, and they have truly added about everything they could to make it awesome. You guys getting them will not be disappointed.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:03 am

I will give Ira and them boys this... The field test their crap!!!!! So it will be sound.. I just dont know about it ease break down, transportation, etc... The one show i saw them hunt out of them on RNT they DIDNT look easy to carry in They floated them out there in decoy sleds and they worent broke down or anything Neat idea but just doesnt seem like it would work well for a walk in guy.. Heck it looks like 3-4 of them would take up the whole 17' boat too!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Gear Forum