blind/boat gear question.

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

blind/boat gear question.

Postby RyanOvertime » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Looks like I will have to privilege of hunting out of some blinds and boats this up coming season. My question is, What do you guys wear? I have waders and a good 4-1 but if I'm not stomping through the refuge I would like to not wear my waders. I was looking at the EST Drake 6 pocket water proof pants, And just wearing my Danner work boots.
RyanOvertime
hunter

Re: blind/boat gear question.

Postby m.teeter » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:57 pm

If there's no possibility of getting in the water at all, and that setup is warm enough for you, I'd say go with it. I would personally rather have a good pair of bibs myself. Sometimes that cold air will sneak up under the back of your shirt and send chills up your spine.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 pm

you're probably gonna get wet bub..

I'd say your 4-1 parka, NICE waterproof bibs and some muck boots. I had those EST pants for 2 days before I took them back.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby sehunter1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am

Stick with the waders. Or at a bare minimum hip boots. You just never know what can happen that you will need out of that boat. I had a buddy swamp out my boat going down a boat lane once, shallow water but instantly soaked, about froze to death. Decoys often need adjusting or a mojo needs turned off, running down cripples, saw a snake crawl in a boat once. Its too cold out there to chance it
sehunter1
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum