best waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

best waders?

Postby kctxwf27 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:44 pm

trying to get a good pair of waders. im 6'7 so its tough finding good pair of waders! im looking on cabelas help me out!
kctxwf27
hunter

Re: best waders?

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 am

I am 6'3" and all the cabelas waders have inseams that are to short. I bought a pair of LL bean waders for the same price only with a longer inseam. We will see how they work, but I can't get more than a year out of a pair of cabelas waders before the crotch goes.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DARuffisonfire » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I've had good luck with cabelas waders. I've got a pair of cheapos that I picked up for a hundred bucks a few years back. Bro stretch I think they're called. But they're more expensive lines are good too. Plus they have the best customer service in the game. They have a lifetime warranty for the useful life if a product which for waders I was told to be 3-7 years by an employee
DARuffisonfire
hunter

Postby kctxwf27 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:59 am

DARuffisonfire wrote:I've had good luck with cabelas waders. I've got a pair of cheapos that I picked up for a hundred bucks a few years back. Bro stretch I think they're called. But they're more expensive lines are good too. Plus they have the best customer service in the game. They have a lifetime warranty for the useful life if a product which for waders I was told to be 3-7 years by an employee

I know cabelas are good! I just don't if they will be long enough cause I'm 6'7..
kctxwf27
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Cabelas waders have a 32" inseam unless you find on that is a tall size. As I said before, I am 6'3" and because they are too short I end up with a leaking crotch 1/2 way through a season. That is why I went looking for waders for folks taller than 6'
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 am

look at USIA waders they can make ones based upon your measurements. There made in the USA as well. The website is a little hard to figure out but if you email or call they will help you out with ordering. They have tons of different camo patterns they look like they are really tough. They cost a little more but I'm tired of going through a pair of waders every other year that are made in china for cheap, but cost $150. USIA can make a pair exactly for you and you can add pockets where ever you want. Custom things though like extra pockets or zippers will cost more though. They are not neoprene they are a tough double layer cordura fabric. So they aren't as warm but I figure I can wear another layer just as easily. They do offer insulated boots which I opted for in mine. If you google USIA waders there is whole long thread on some fishing forum where a lot of guys use them. I'm looking forward to getting mine. Order yours and don't expect them immediately since they actually make them for you after you order. Mine should be in around a month. I've had a pair of cabelas waders, and columbia ones both I only got two seasons out of. Which is alright but I feel like something that cost that much should last a few years.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby kctxwf27 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 am

handyandy wrote:look at USIA waders they can make ones based upon your measurements. There made in the USA as well. The website is a little hard to figure out but if you email or call they will help you out with ordering. They have tons of different camo patterns they look like they are really tough. They cost a little more but I'm tired of going through a pair of waders every other year that are made in china for cheap, but cost $150. USIA can make a pair exactly for you and you can add pockets where ever you want. Custom things though like extra pockets or zippers will cost more though. They are not neoprene they are a tough double layer cordura fabric. So they aren't as warm but I figure I can wear another layer just as easily. They do offer insulated boots which I opted for in mine. If you google USIA waders there is whole long thread on some fishing forum where a lot of guys use them. I'm looking forward to getting mine. Order yours and don't expect them immediately since they actually make them for you after you order. Mine should be in around a month. I've had a pair of cabelas waders, and columbia ones both I only got two seasons out of. Which is alright but I feel like something that cost that much should last a few years.

Okay cool! I will check it out thanks!!
kctxwf27
hunter

Postby DuckGooseDestroyer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:28 am

I am looking for some waders also, I am 5'7" 140lb and I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe, I tried on my friends size 9 waders and they were long. I just need to find some that will fit me, being a short as I am.
DuckGooseDestroyer
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:45 am

USIA will make custom ones for you per your measurements. It won't be the cheapest but they are made in the USA and should last you a long time. They don't have the typical camo patterns max4 and such. However they do have tons of different military camo patterns some of them look really cool I ordered mine with a coyote brown base and desert ATAC camo over lays. I should have mine here soon ordered them about two weeks ago it takes them about three weeks to make them since they don't make them till you order them. Then they ship from Orgen where there made so that takes some time, or at least it does for me being in Indiana. Once I have mine I will be sure to post some pics and what I think about them. Right now during our early goose season it I went goose hunting monday in a swim suit.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby CrazyDrake » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 pm

kctxwf27 wrote:trying to get a good pair of waders. im 6'7 so its tough finding good pair of waders! im looking on cabelas help me out!

I am 6'5. I wear Lacrosse Swamp Tuff. They have fully adjustable shoulder straps, with buckles. They fit me great.
CrazyDrake
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum