Rivers West jacket

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Rivers West jacket

Postby H.O.G » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:10 pm

I just bought a Rivers West jacket and so far I'm impressed. I looked at the 4 in 1's and thought that they were just way to bulky and noisy. The River jacket is fleece on the outside and on the inside which makes it pretty flexible and quiet and warm. It is totally waterproof and windproof. I went hunting the other day and a sleeveless shirt is all that I wore under it. The wind was blowing and it was raining pretty hard, amazingly I stayed completely dry and warm the whole time. It was a bit pricy at $250, but not bad when you compare it to the other jackets.

I just thought that I would share that with you guys incase you were looking for a new coat. It's by far the best one that I've come across.
H.O.G
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:39 am

I own the same jacket - I'm impressed with it thus far. :)
OneLunG
hunter

Postby WesternHunter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:50 am

Noise is more of a problem when big game hunting. Waterfowl are better with their eyes at spotting you. Sounds like you found a great jacket though :thumbsup:
WesternHunter
hunter

Postby quackstacker » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Have you used them in cold temps? If so, how cold and did you have to layer alot. Please PM to let me know.
quackstacker
hunter

Postby Randy Johnson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm

What model did you get?
Randy Johnson
hunter

Postby akbrett » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:53 pm

I love both of mine. I have the wading jacket in Max-4 and the Ambush jacket. They are increadably warm. I wore mine on Sat. with a light polypro. top & sweater under it and had to make sure I didn't work too hard to keep from sweating. It -5F and we were out for 6hrs. wading back and forth across the river.

I hunted spring bear with my wading jacket this year. We had to bivuac after shooting the bear in a snow storm in 4 feet of snow with the temp around 0 and I was warm all night. All I had was light polypro and a fleece shirt under it.

After the hunt I realized that the velcro tabs on the cuffs had been shreaded by the devils club. Sent it back and the repaired the cuffs and had it back to me in 3 weeks - no charge.
akbrett
hunter

Postby H.O.G » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:27 pm

Randy Johnson wrote:What model did you get?

I got the sawtooth parka with the advantage max 4.
H.O.G
hunter

Postby Randy Johnson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanks,

That is one the one I've been planning on buying.

Randy
Randy Johnson
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum