Face paint

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Re: Face paint

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:03 am

That wal mart stuff comes straight off with a face wipe. I cant stand stuff tight around my neck that is why I dont wear a face mask or a necklace lol
txhunter90
hunter

Postby dodman » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:27 am

Face masks are a hassle, but face paint seems like more of a hassle....it's a couple more things you have to have and do on each trip, and the more you can simplify and streamline all that gear the better.

I have one of the mesh face masks that's attached to a baseball cap, and I've really liked that. The hat supports/holds the mask, so no strap around your head, the mask is loose around your face, no slipping down or around, easy to pull down if you're dipping/calling/grab a drink (or call right though the mesh in a pinch) and then it'll pop back up, easy to take on and off, the baseball hat will fit over a beenie (or two), the brim gives you something to pull down if you're looking towards the sun, etc.

Simple, cheap, easy and quick, and comfortable. Just a thought.
dodman
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 am

dodman wrote:I have one of the mesh face masks that's attached to a baseball cap, and I've really liked that. The hat supports/holds the mask, so no strap around your head, the mask is loose around your face, no slipping down or around, easy to pull down if you're dipping/calling/grab a drink (or call right though the mesh in a pinch) and then it'll pop back up, easy to take on and off, the baseball hat will fit over a beenie (or two), the brim gives you something to pull down if you're looking towards the sun, etc.
Simple, cheap, easy and quick, and comfortable.

Also difficult to shoot well while wearing one. I've tried everything on the market and still come back to a simple mesh mask worn tight against the face.
the only problem with face paint is that....if you apply it properly; not just three slashes on the cheek, it takes a week to get it all off......
mudpack
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:39 am

mudpack wrote:
dodman wrote:I have one of the mesh face masks that's attached to a baseball cap, and I've really liked that. The hat supports/holds the mask, so no strap around your head, the mask is loose around your face, no slipping down or around, easy to pull down if you're dipping/calling/grab a drink (or call right though the mesh in a pinch) and then it'll pop back up, easy to take on and off, the baseball hat will fit over a beenie (or two), the brim gives you something to pull down if you're looking towards the sun, etc.
Simple, cheap, easy and quick, and comfortable.

Also difficult to shoot well while wearing one. I've tried everything on the market and still come back to a simple mesh mask worn tight against the face.
the only problem with face paint is that....if you apply it properly; not just three slashes on the cheek, it takes a week to get it all off......

Brillo pad and gasoline :biggrin:
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Kirksingleton » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:39 pm

I have been using cork for about 15 years.
Cheap and works fine.
I do use a hat and neck gator to cover up as much as I can.
Kirksingleton
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Kirksingleton wrote:I have been using cork for about 15 years.
Cheap and works fine.
I do use a hat and neck gator to cover up as much as I can.

I wish I could wear a neck gator. I cant stand things around my neck period.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Gaiter is the way to go. I never can find one that fits perfect. Off season project to make own in Max-4D and white. No one makes a white one which is appalling.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Kirksingleton » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:42 am

Look at the buff brand gators, they are designed to keep the sun off you in the tropics, very light weight, you don't notice them at all. Fly fishing stores carry them.
Kirksingleton
hunter

Postby henslayer101 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Use a piece of cork. Like a wine cork. Burn it with a lighter and rub it on your face. Much easier than paint and easier cleanup. You could also use a mesh turkey facemask with the cork

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
henslayer101
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 pm

I used to use cork but I stopped because everyone I knew at the boat ramp would make fun of me. I usually wear a face mask now but it sucks because face masks and calling don't mix.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 pm

BKScripto wrote:I used to use cork but I stopped because everyone I knew at the boat ramp would make fun of me. I usually wear a face mask now but it sucks because face masks and calling don't mix.

Haters gonna hate...I actually use the duck commander warpaint not just to give people something to talk about. It don't really bother me because I shoot more ducks in a week than they do in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:10 am

To save time and money use Sharpies. Permanent for days.

If remembering the war paint is too much, get your face tattooed. :)
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:23 am

Using face paint to hunt ducks doesn't make you look like a clown...not at all. Image
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:54 am

:-) wrote:
BKScripto wrote:I used to use cork but I stopped because everyone I knew at the boat ramp would make fun of me. I usually wear a face mask now but it sucks because face masks and calling don't mix.

Haters gonna hate...I actually use the duck commander warpaint not just to give people something to talk about. It don't really bother me because I shoot more ducks in a week than they do in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shoot more ducks than duck commanders??
txhunter90
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum