Robo repair?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Robo repair?

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:39 am

Does anyone know of a company that offers a service for robo duck repair? My spinner isn't spinning anymore......it's taken a few dunkings in the past, but Im not sure why it's not working. The wings spin fine, it just doesn't seem to get any 'juice'.
Thanks in advance.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby Malcolm » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:14 am

Give the company a call?
They have replacement parts for sale.

Good luck!
Malcolm
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:22 pm

I have had great customer service from Mojo Outdoors. Free remote kits new batteries. Give them a call and see what they can do. I had to replace the batteries in both of mine this year. Had them for three years now. The batteries cost me this time. First year it quit working I called them and they sent me the remote kit with a new battery.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:11 am

If it has been dunked a few times it might be the battery OR most likely the motor. They are sealed but after repeated drounings the seals can fail and the windings will rust & sieze. Mojo does have replacement motors available- or you can dind them at hobby shops (just make sure you get one with the correct RPM rating and power to handle the resistance and vibration of the wings)
apexhunter
hunter

robo repair

Postby sandhiller » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 pm

If you have a friend that is mechanicly inclined he can probably check it out for you it is a real simple procedure. First if you have a remote for it you should have a jumper wire that will replace the recieve try that.
if that doesnt do you any good their are two wires going to the switch make a short jumper to bypass it just hook the two switch wires together
if that doesn't help you have two wires going to the motor hook them directly to the battery polarity doesn't matter will only make it spin backwards and will hurt nothing if it doesn't spin then your motor is probably bad and you can get one from the company that made it
good luck
Sandhiller
sandhiller
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum