Blind Bags

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Blind Bags

Postby Michigan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm looking to get a new blind bag for next year. There are quite a few out there and I need opinions on some of them. Remember, each person will have a different say as to what bag is worth purchasing and that is there opinion only. I would like it very much if the this is better than that arguement was kept to a minimum. Thanks everybody. :thumbsup:
Michigan
hunter

Postby EsoxJohnny » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:43 pm

I always used the Avery guide bags, but this year I bought one of the large Cabela's Ultimate bags. I like it alot. There's plenty of pockets to assign everything it's own place so things stay organized. I wasn't too sure about the hard bottom, but it's nice not having all the weight shift to the middle and it eliminates any sagging. The large size fits nicely behind the back rest of my layout also.
EsoxJohnny
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:32 pm

avery blind bag.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby DoubleBayou » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:07 pm

I did about the same as EsoxJohnny, I put the Avery down this year and bought a big Redhead blind bag.

I keep an old tube type mud bag rolled up inside. I never seen to have enough storage.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... get=browse
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby tealslayerblw » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:25 pm

i like the drake, havent bought it yet, but it looks nice
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby Jim Broadbridge » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:07 am

I have the Drake, and think it's it's great. Open the bag and everything is at your finger tips, no more digging to find small stuff at the bottom. It also has a couple of clear see through compartments, at a clance I can see if the right stuff is in the bag. I not one for a whole bunch of pockets and zippers on the exterior of the bag, because I forget which compartment I put stuff in. The Drake is worth checking out. :thumbsup:
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Jim Broadbridge
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:53 am

I have the Avery Blind bag for wade-in hunting and an Avery floating bag for boat hunting. The blind bag keeps things organized and the zip up liner is pretty much water tight (for rain). The floater teally does float well. It kept 4 boxes of shells, 20 calls, VHF handheld and other misc items afloat when my buddy decided to play lumberjack with the bow of his boat in a narrow creek one evening.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Daisycuttin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 am

I have the Drake and the Avery. I always take the Drake because it is just a little easier to organize your gear. They both are excellent bags. I did put the avery shoulder strap on the drake bag because it has more padding and is more comfortable when the bag is full of shells and gear.
If ya don't like being peppered, don't set up near my spread..!!!!!

07-08 Season Totals
Mallards-0
Spoonies-0
Gadwall-0
Teal-22
Bufflehead 0
Specks-
Geese-7
Bands-00
Daisycuttin
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum