Rogers sporting goods waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Rogers sporting goods waders?

Postby Wildaboutfowl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:51 am

Tis the season for new waders. Woundering if anyone has got a pair from Rogers? The price is AWSOME for them just woundering if they are a good pair or not. Suggestion are also welcomed.
Tangleefree pro staff
Tribaloutdoors pro staff
Fowl obsesion pro staff
Wildaboutfowl
hunter

Re: Rogers sporting goods waders?

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am

Just bought a pair of the Fleece lined 5mm 1600 gram waders. Got them in the mail last week. They seem to be extremely nice. Seem to be strongly built and have a lot of nice pockets and such. The neoprene seems very durable and the fleece lined feature seems like it will be extremely warm. I'm very pleased so far, but well see when the December season rolls around how they work.
The WV Waterfowl Group. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Postby ksfowler166 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:10 pm

My father got the exact ones as WV I believe last season they are heavy duty and warm (which is a blessing or a curse). I would stand by any of Rogers brand products. They are a very quality savvy company. If you ever get the chance visit their store in Liberty or is it Independence Missouri any who their staff is very knowledgeable about their products and hunting in general.
De Oppresso Liber
ksfowler166
hunter

Postby Shell Shocked » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 am

Bought a pair of their lower end waders. Think it was in the $119 range or so. They worked fine to start with but started to fail at the seams on the inner thigh. Rogers has great customer service and will replace any wader purchased as long as it is with in the 1 year mark. I received my pair only to have the same thing happen. After one replacement, I got no action. Went to the Mfg and got the same story.

I bought mine in September; used them 1 week in October; had them replaced in November only to fail again in December. Consider your purchase a short term rental. If you time it right and with little use, you may get 2 seasons out of them.

Just my $0.02
Shell Shocked
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:06 pm

They are the best waders I've ever owned for cold weather. completely fleece lined and 1600 gram thinsulate in the feet. our late season runs from late dec into jan up here and its usually really cold on the river. I was not cold once last year. buy them you will be happy. especially for the price
I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby Wildaboutfowl » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks for the replys it has helped out a lot.
Tangleefree pro staff
Tribaloutdoors pro staff
Fowl obsesion pro staff
Wildaboutfowl
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 pm

I just received the Rogers Toughman 5.o mm stouts, the quality looks excellent but man are they heavy mine weigh 13 pounds in size 12. The boot is a bit hard to get your foot into but once the foot is in, the feel is good and they tend to grab the ankles which I like as my heel doesn't slip up and down. My previous waders were Redball Bigmans and they weighed 11.5 pounds, guess Id better build up the leg muscles for that extra 1.5 pounds of the Rogers.LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby nedlman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:51 pm

How are these waders holding up after some use? Thank you
nedlman
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm in my second season with them. No problems
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Wildaboutfowl wrote:Tis the season for new waders. Woundering if anyone has got a pair from Rogers? The price is AWSOME for them just woundering if they are a good pair or not. Suggestion are also welcomed.

Cabelas waders have a life time guarantee , I don't know how you pass that up. Rodgers returns are awful .
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby blackbeard2012 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Ive had the roger's waders for 2 seasons, I ware them twice in a weekend and I go hunting almost every weekend during season of duck and geese. Their is no leaks no issues with stitching. Overall I will not buy another brand. (five *****)
blackbeard2012
Newb

Postby medicoli » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am

I have their fleece lined neoprene. I have only worn them twice so far. I have had no leaks and they have kept me pretty warm in 20 degree(8 degrees) with windchill. I did get the stouts even though I should be wearing a regular size. My only complaint is the armpit part of the waders is only about 3 inches above my waist. The regular size might be different.
medicoli
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:24 am

Legband#1 wrote:
Wildaboutfowl wrote:Tis the season for new waders. Woundering if anyone has got a pair from Rogers? The price is AWSOME for them just woundering if they are a good pair or not. Suggestion are also welcomed.

Cabelas waders have a life time guarantee , I don't know how you pass that up. Rodgers returns are awful .

Cabelas may have a lifetime guarantee but they are also $100 more. I hunted with a guy the other day that had 2 year old cabelas waters and his foot filled up with water. Not good in 10 degree weather. The rogers waders are solid for the price
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby zoutly » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I've have the rogers tough man waders for a one season now and have been pretty rough on them. Had them snag on sticks i couldn't see under the water had them scraping against ice while i was out cutting holes and so far no one leaks.....what more can you ask for
zoutly
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 am

Does anybody have the generation two Rogers tough mans? They sent me the original over the summer and the sides stopped just above my waist. Also the Neoprene was very thick and not very flexible. Just wondering if they changed these features.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby zoutly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

I have the 2nd gen waders, they did raise the sides on them to a few inches under the armpit. they also changed the boot design a little bit, same traction on the bottom but the boot itself is more oval shaped then boot shaped now. Only other thing I could find different is the hand warmer pocket; its got about double the amount of material in it to keep your hands warm. They still ride high in the crotch though...really wish they would have changed that.
zoutly
hunter

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Well mine have been surprisingly flimsy. The hand warmer pocket ripped along the bottom seam, the front gear pocket has ripped near the velcro, the waterproof pocket seam ripped at the top. And to beat all the right boot has started to leak. Where the platform heel meets the middle of the sole seems to be a hole. When I got them in hand they seemed to be so much stronger built than any other waders I had seen, and I havent been rough on them at all, but they have torn up a bit. Tried to fix the boot with SG-20 so hoping it will mend, but not sure. Disappointing after only one season.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Just return them, life time warranty.

The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 pm

No. They guarantee satisfaction, but says on their website that ones boots or waders have been used and get dirty they no longer take them back. And besides I called and sent emails to Rodgers and never spoke with anyone. Disappointing.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:02 am

Really? They took mine back. I just called them and told them what was wrong with them. They didn't give me a hard time. Besides I asked jake or Jason who ever answered the phone when I bought them and he stated that they would back their products. Worth a phone call is nothing else.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby zoutly » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Im pretty sure they will replace up to one pair of waders if they start to leak or get busted up....I could be wrong though.
zoutly
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Just got off the phone with them today. They stated it has a 1 year warranty on them.
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Wow thanks for the info Nelli. Will be calling them after this weekend.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 pm

WVClaysandBassin wrote:Wow thanks for the info Nelli. Will be calling them after this weekend.

They stated that they had switch manufactures this year, they said it was the worst waders they have made yet. The guy told me his boss was in China this week looking for a new manufacturer. He went in to say that their boots had a real problem with cold temps and would crack.

Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 am

thats why you should buy American.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Gear Forum