Rain Coat

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Rain Coat

Postby Rich- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm looking for a lightweight waterproof jacket to wear over my waders. I'm not looking for a multi-layer system. Thin and light weight are my main concerns. Recommendations?
Rich-
hunter

Re: Rain Coat

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:10 am

Helly Hansen's impertech guide coat is the best rain gear I've found for hunting (wear it over my leaky high dollar stuff), and I think they also make a shorter jacket length version.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:38 am

Helly Hansen makes great stuff. I didn't know they made camo though. I use frog toggs, only thing I don't like about them is no jacket pockets
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 am

Check out the HH: side pockets, front pockets and zippers on the sides, so you can get to your pants pockets without opening the coat. Also a vent across the back and a high collar inside the hood, so rain doesn't get in at the front of your neck and water doesn't pour down your back when you raise the hood, which, itself, is better designed than most and not difficult to shoot with. A very, very well designed garment.

After a season with the first, I bought a second in case they quit making them - and am tempted to buy a third.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 am

I have a helly hansen rain coat its 3/4 length double zipper velcro flap neoprene cuffs I got it when i was in the coast guard. damn near hurricane proof. only problem is its red and blue with reflective strips all over it. I will check out there site and see what they offer. Thanks Rick
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby AronBlad23 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I have a helly hansen rain coat its 3/4 length double zipper velcro flap neoprene cuffs I got it when i was in the coast guard. damn near hurricane proof. only problem is its red and blue with reflective strips all over it. I will check out there site and see what they offer. Thanks Rick

Mack's Prairie Wing's has them:
www.mackspw.com
AronBlad23
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 am

AronBlad23 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I have a helly hansen rain coat its 3/4 length double zipper velcro flap neoprene cuffs I got it when i was in the coast guard. damn near hurricane proof. only problem is its red and blue with reflective strips all over it. I will check out there site and see what they offer. Thanks Rick

Mack's Prairie Wing's has them:
http://www.mackspw.com

just orderd one thanks buddy

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Herter's FoulTech :thumbsup:
Ga ducker
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum