Duck Hunting Forum banner

Camo Gun?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SCoutdoorsman 
#1 ·
Just started duck hunting. I use a Winchester 1300 right now, but i know camo is important for duck hunting. Am i gonna scare em away without a camo gun? Also what do you think of using camo tape. I know there are some brands that arent supposed to leave residue on your gun but do they work?

#3 ·
Dont worry about not having a camo gun....I hunted for 5 years without one and have not really notice a problem. If your hunting from a duck blind and you can set the gun down.....then it does not matter if it is pink.

My wife bought me a Benelli SBE 2 for christmas today that is in Max-4. Its great but as long as your still.....I dont think it matters.

There are alot of products made to hook hunters into thinking they will have an advantage.....Camo is nice but dont loose sleep or the extra cash it takes to buy one....In my opinion.

With the money you save can be put towards a case of shells.

#5 ·
Shot ducks for 5 years with an 870 wingmaster. Didn't bother the birds and it has that glossy blued finish. Well, it did have that finish until I took it out in the rain one day when I was young and stupid. I tried reblueing it myself, and it helped. I recommend a Camo gun for turkeys, ducks I don't see the need. I got a camo finish on my xtrema to retard rusting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.