Camo Gun?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Camo Gun?

Postby big_countryks » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:48 am

Just started duck hunting. I use a Winchester 1300 right now, but i know camo is important for duck hunting. Am i gonna scare em away without a camo gun? Also what do you think of using camo tape. I know there are some brands that arent supposed to leave residue on your gun but do they work?
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:46 am

I don't have a camo gun, and they still come in. I don't think they can really see the gun if you lay it down by your side.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby texas_quackwakker » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:54 am

Dont worry about not having a camo gun....I hunted for 5 years without one and have not really notice a problem. If your hunting from a duck blind and you can set the gun down.....then it does not matter if it is pink.

My wife bought me a Benelli SBE 2 for christmas today that is in Max-4. Its great but as long as your still.....I dont think it matters.

There are alot of products made to hook hunters into thinking they will have an advantage.....Camo is nice but dont loose sleep or the extra cash it takes to buy one....In my opinion.

With the money you save can be put towards a case of shells.
texas_quackwakker
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:36 pm

I have waterfowled for about 11 years and the camo gun is not needed for any hunting except maybe Turkey.

When in concealment of a blind or on the ground it should be close to you and the only time the ducks will see it is when you TAKE EM!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: [/b]
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:08 pm

Shot ducks for 5 years with an 870 wingmaster. Didn't bother the birds and it has that glossy blued finish. Well, it did have that finish until I took it out in the rain one day when I was young and stupid. I tried reblueing it myself, and it helped. I recommend a Camo gun for turkeys, ducks I don't see the need. I got a camo finish on my xtrema to retard rusting.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:09 pm

i hunted without a camo gun for years with no problem. its not a must have for hunting.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:20 pm

Dont really need it. As long as you dont use something nickel plated :mrgreen:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum