Best Price for Cabelas Waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Best Price for Cabelas Waders?

Postby jrgraha3 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I was looking at getting a pair of breathables this year as I am tired of sweating my ass of here in AZ.. These seem to be highly recommended. Right now they're on sale. Think this will be the best price before the season or do you think they will drop them a little more?

Also.. Do they still send those ## off of $100 coupons in the mail anymore? Or did they stop doing that? I haven't received on in forever and could use on right about now. Thanks

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... basket.jsp
jrgraha3
hunter

Re: Best Price for Cabelas Waders?

Postby cnc123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm not sure how cold it gets in AZ since I am in Wisconsin, but I use the First Flight waders during the early and mid season. Like you, I hate soggy sweaty drawers in my waders. I have never compared the First Flights to the pair you are considering, but they both say breathable. The waders you are looking at have 600 gms of insulation. The First Flights have 400. I use the light weights most of the season due to heaters in the boat if needed, but then use the 1600's the last few weeks if we have heavy ice. The First Flights are on sale for $159.99. I just bought my second pair on Sunday. I don't think you will see any lower prices. I also buy the First Flights one size larger to accommodate a heavy sock and adjust the thickness of liner pants as needed. If you buy them at a retail store, watch that you get the sale price. They will honor the catalog and internet price, but the cash registers don't automatically know the sale price.
cnc123
hunter

Location: Wisconsin - On Ol' Man River waiting for first ice.

Postby jrgraha3 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Does anyone know if the early season are any less durable then the regular dry plus breathables? Is the only difference insulation in the boot? Also the early season doesnt have a shell pouch.
jrgraha3
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Free?
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cnc123 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:04 pm

jrgraha3,
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but after reading your last post I discovered that I bought the wrong pair of waders. Go with the style you are considering and forget about the First Flight waders. I am taking mine back for an exchange. The knees on the first flight are not padded and the fabric is only doubled up vs. having the 900 denier fabric overlay. The old pair I have are the Breathables and not the First Flight. Sorry for the confusion. The First Flight do not have the pocket as you noticed. Thanks for catching this.
cnc123
hunter

Location: Wisconsin - On Ol' Man River waiting for first ice.

Return to Hunting Gear Forum