Layout Blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Layout Blind

Postby Tyger » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 am

Im looking for a good layout blind. Any preferences?
Tyger
hunter

Re: Layout Blind

Postby TomKat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 am

The Power Hunter has the lowest profile of all layouts.

I have had several, this one seems to suite me best.
Easy and quick to set up in the dark. Easy to hide.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Blake1403 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:09 am

Ghg ground force is nice. It sets up and takes down very easy. It's for a little smaller people I think though. The cabelas northern flight is a nice blind. It's for a little bigger people.
Blake1403
hunter

Postby GooseMan74 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 am

I just purchased the GHG Ground Force. I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem with it. It's light weight and folds up nice.
GooseMan74
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:44 pm

ANY of the Rogers brand blinds. The Cabela's Interceptor Elite and Ultimate series blinds and ANY Tanglefree layout. :thumbsup:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 pm

what he said ^

I've got a Cabela's Interceptor elite, and its been great for the past few years, zero problems, comfortable, hides well, and packs flat and easy to haul.

My little brother just got a Goose buster last season, so far its been good to him. hides and packs well too. But the fit and finish of the Cabela's is still better IMO

I can also say STAY AWAY from the HS hitman blind. HUGE (in all the bad ways), doesnt pack flat or up easy to haul around so its bulky and takes up a lot of vauable truck space, harder to hide, no zippered flaps at flag holes to keep wind out when not hunting with a flag, the "spring assist" doors are actually harder to open than normal doors like on my cabela's or on a goose buster, head rest section doesnt stay popped up when hunting, no mesh face cover it has solid material, and its quite heavy compared to other blinds.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Hardcore Man Cave

http://store.marshmutt.com/hunting-blin ... yout-blind

And On a huge sale margin
www.marshmutt.com "Keeping the Steel Flying and the Dogs Retrieving"
A Duck Hunting Chat Sponsor
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby JamesMB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm a powerhunter fan
JamesMB
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 pm

I've hunted out of a power hunter other than the cost, low profile, and ease to set up I hated it. I found it uncomfortable on all day snow hunts, and I didn't care for the clam shell lid design like the traditional doors better. I now have a GHG ground force which I like much better. It folds up easily and small, it's comfortable, and the field kahki when I got it was under 200 camo was more doesn't matter though when you mud it and cover it with crap anyways. If you can try out the blinds somewhere that carries a bunch of them. I set up and hopped between three different ones at the store before I settled on the on the ground force. It sold me on the easy set up and take down, small packing size, comfortable for me, and middle of the range price.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:30 pm

I hate powerhunters. Flip open door style is better to hunt from.. The rogers blinds like said above are nice and on the the cheaper side. Had mine for 3 or 4 seasons since they first came out for $99. Its held up great and comfy. Pin style setup which I like best.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 am

The pin set up is what I hated about the other blinds I have owned.

My buddy uses a couple of outdoor type seat cushions for his, a back rest and one for your butt. That seems to make it better for all day hunting. Another friend says the trick is to cut a slit in the power hunter lid.

At any rate, I am running a brand new PH this year. So far it has a lot of advantages...
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby BBK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 am

TomKat wrote:The pin set up is what I hated about the other blinds I have owned.

My buddy uses a couple of outdoor type seat cushions for his, a back rest and one for your butt. That seems to make it better for all day hunting. Another friend says the trick is to cut a slit in the power hunter lid.

At any rate, I am running a brand new PH this year. So far it has a lot of advantages...

Why? They take 2 minutes to set up even with gloves on. 30 seconds to take down.
BBK
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:54 am

I have had problems with them. Probably my problem....the powerhunter has its pluses and minuses. I am hoping for the best out of it. They do set up QUICK......
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:11 pm

BBK wrote:
TomKat wrote:The pin set up is what I hated about the other blinds I have owned.

Why? They take 2 minutes to set up even with gloves on. 30 seconds to take down.

^ this. I have acutally timed my self and without hunting gear on I can set my Cabela's interceptor elite up in around 40-45 seconds.

one thing I did was slightly drill the holes for my pins out to make it just a little easier to put them in and take them out.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum