Duck Commander waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Duck Commander waders

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm in the market for new waders. I see duck commander has put their name on a new line of them. They actually look like they'd be good. I know the duck commander guys generally use whatever gear they can get sponsored by but these waders do look descent. Anyone bought a pair yet?

I also have checked out cabelas,mackspw and orvis. I really like the orvis waders but sheeeweee what a big price tag. I also read a post and checked out having USIA custom make a pair.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Re: Duck Commander waders

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 am

Your best best is get a pair of cabelas supermag 1600s, the reviews don't lie and the warranty is second to none. Super warm too, pretty much don't wear any layering under them until late in the season.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:39 am

I dunnno it just seems like every pair of waders I've ever owned develops a leak no matter what I pay for them or where they come from.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:58 am

Are you taking proper care of the neoprene waders? Stick to the guidelines they give you when you buy a pair. I know people who are on almost their 8th-9th season with still no issues.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:06 am

just get cabela's and dont look back.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:04 am

2500hdon37s wrote:just get cabela's and dont look back.

Yep. 6 seasons now not one leak. You get what you pay for. You pay for cheap gear, it will just fall apart faster. And cabelas has lifetime warenty. If its days cabelas on it and is defective take them back and they will replace no ? Asked.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:00 pm

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Are you taking proper care of the neoprene waders? Stick to the guidelines they give you when you buy a pair. I know people who are on almost their 8th-9th season with still no issues.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby Labs4Mallard » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Don't be afraid to take a look at Rogers Sporting Goods waders either!
"If those ducks are flying high, Who you gonna call?" SKYBUSTERS!!
Labs4Mallard
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Labs4Mallard wrote:Don't be afraid to take a look at Rogers Sporting Goods waders either!

Thanks. I did look at them.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Cabela's SuperMag 1600s all the way! I have had mine since 2004 and still no leaks.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Cliner » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:just get cabela's and dont look back.

Yep. 6 seasons now not one leak. You get what you pay for. You pay for cheap gear, it will just fall apart faster. And cabelas has lifetime warenty. If its days cabelas on it and is defective take them back and they will replace no ? Asked.

No, acutally, they will not take them back and replace them. I brought waders into them that had a hole in the knee and they would not replace them because a "lifetime warranty" is the lifetime of the product (which they consider 1 year). Classic bait and switch. I won't buy from cabelas again.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby TexasMallard10 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:19 pm

What's the difference in the regular and the stout
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Stout is for fat people.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm

I have still yet to understand how a pair of waders can look good. I couldn't give less of a crap how something looks when I'm standing balls deep in January water. Buy what works, not what you think will work.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DuckmanOK » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Bass pro redheads are great price and 2 years running with mine walking through nasty stuff too. The boots are comfy too though seem to be a tad heavy
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby ARBILLCOLLECTOR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 am

Love my Lacrosse Brush Tuff 1200's
ARBILLCOLLECTOR
hunter

Postby foldinducks » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 am

my supermag 1600's are so old i dont remember how olod they are. i do have a leak but i fixed with aquaseal, and no problems
it didnt smell like that when i ate it
foldinducks
hunter

Postby semohunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Your best best is get a pair of cabelas supermag 1600s, the reviews don't lie and the warranty is second to none. Super warm too, pretty much don't wear any layering under them until late in the season.

Cabelas warranty sucks. i had a pair of cabelas waders i bought last season and they developed a hole in the knee and at the seam in the crotch. they told me that it was from basic wear and tear and not covered under warranty and i was just out of luck. I bought a pair of redheads from bass pro this year over the summer and managed to rip them while trout fishing in Arkansas and they replaced them without a receipt and with out asking any questions. thats customer service right there. cabelas sure didnt offer that
semohunter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:28 pm

supermags for sure. I had my previous supermag waders for 10 years. Finally after 10 years, the inside of one of the boots came apart. I duct taped it and it worked just fine. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't get stuck in the wee hours of the morning without a boot insert so I bought a new pair. I keep the old pair as a back up; they still work fine. Never a leak.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 pm

semohunter wrote:
BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Your best best is get a pair of cabelas supermag 1600s, the reviews don't lie and the warranty is second to none. Super warm too, pretty much don't wear any layering under them until late in the season.

Cabelas warranty sucks. i had a pair of cabelas waders i bought last season and they developed a hole in the knee and at the seam in the crotch. they told me that it was from basic wear and tear and not covered under warranty and i was just out of luck. I bought a pair of redheads from bass pro this year over the summer and managed to rip them while trout fishing in Arkansas and they replaced them without a receipt and with out asking any questions. thats customer service right there. cabelas sure didnt offer that

I just don't think they like you. I have taken my waders back to there after years of use and the replaced them no questions asked.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
semohunter wrote:

I just don't think they like you. I have taken my waders back to there after years of use and the replaced them no questions asked.

Me too.

I posted the story last year. I actually TOLD the lady I thought I got my moneys worth that I was just checking because I heard things. She gave me a brand new pair. I think it may help too if you are a member of the "club" and they can look at your credit card receipt and see you spent several thousand dollars in the last year on their stuff. :lol3:
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:34 pm

glad i started this post. I had two pairs of the old cabelas. They had the felt bootie insert. They were good and lasted a long time but are no longer made.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
semohunter wrote:

They stopped doing that around 2004-5. I have a pair of waders I used for fly fishing that developed a leaky seam. I was told I hqd owned them too long (2 years) to replace at full value, but I could have a $20.00 gift card for the trouble. Similar story with a fly rod I owned for a year and three weeks before an eye gave out.

Before that, no questions asked, ever. Didn't they go public in 2004? :thumbsup:
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

NHDuckHunter wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
semohunter wrote:

Me too.

I posted the story last year. I actually TOLD the lady I thought I got my moneys worth that I was just checking because I heard things. She gave me a brand new pair. I think it may help too if you are a member of the "club" and they can look at your credit card receipt and see you spent several thousand dollars in the last year on their stuff. :lol3:

Maybe it depends upon the local store "following policy" vs trying to keep customers happy? :fingerpt:
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 pm

So what about Macks Prairie Wings? Warranty? Indaswamp say's when you get tired of messing with 2nd rate, go to Macks.
AR Dave
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Gear Forum