Duck Commander waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Duck Commander waders

Postby JamesMB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

I bought a pair of the Macks because they were the only ones I could find in Natural Gear. They're super tough. I wear Simms waders for fishing and they're the best breathable on the market period, but no camo. Hoping they'll get up with Sitka and make some bada$$ camo waders. Pricey but I wore waders for a living for over 12 years and I can tell you a good pair of waders is well worth the money.
JamesMB
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I bought USIA waders. Just got them in a little over a week ago. Haven't had a chance to use them yet season opens here in the beginning of november. They are really quality waders and have a lifetime garauntee. A real one at that if you damage them you can send them back and they will fix or replace them free of charge. Thats the good thing about them they can actually replace the boots if they ever wear out, if they rip or tear they can stich in a patch and seal the seams just like their normal seams. All the seams are triple stitched and sealed. The fabric they are made of is a waterproof one similar to a really really tough cordura type material. The fronts of the legs have a overlayed second material similar the what the rest of the waders are made from. There is also a double layered cuff that goes over the tops of the boots down to the ankle area to help protect them and the seam where they are attached to the waders. They are very well made and the boots they use are very flexible and very comfortable at least walking around the yard strutting the new waders they were. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was retarded. For the bad they aren't the cheapest the insulated boot upgrade was another 75 and the stainless steel d rings I had added where the straps clip were another 25. The base price is 200 so mine were 300 plus 12 for shipping. Not cheap but I was tired of wearing out waders every two years. The other thing that kind of sucks is the boots are insulated but that was extra, but the material is not near as thick or insulating like neoprene but seems much more durable. I figure its nothing that layering can't solve. The other kind of sucky part is that if I ever do rip them or need something done I have to ship them there $10-15. The plus side they are American made the only waders that I know of that are. They can add any custom features you want when you order or down the road if you send them back like inside pockets leg pockets or whatever you can think of. Custom stuff does add more to the cost though. They don't have the traditional camos like max4 and duckblind. They do have a ton of different colors and tons of different military camo patterns. I opted for a coyote brown with desert bdu camo overlay I think they look pretty good like that, but you can have whatever combo you think of they make them for you. Sorry I don't have any pictures I will take some and post them. I will also let you know how they do once I have had them out a few times. To each his own I thought about the macks, rogers, or cabelas waders to try this time. But they are all foreign made, I try to buy American if I can. Neoprene seams are just prone to leaking after stretching and contracting a bunch and they were all not much less than the USIA's for the better ones. I figured if I was gonna spend 200-300 for good waders I was going to give that money towards American jobs. If anyone knows of any other waders made here let me know I'd like to hear about them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and what they like so take my review USIA waders however you like, if they sound good to you great if not I don't care. If you have questions about them I will try and answer as best I can. I will get pics up tomorrow night hopefully.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm

well I was going to upload the pics of the waders but the file size of all the pics are too big
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

got them resized so they would upload
Attachments
IMG_0409.JPG
boot close up
IMG_0418.JPG
the boots
IMG_0417.JPG
back view
IMG_0406.JPG
this is the standard pocket
IMG_0405.JPG
overall view

handyandy
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm

more pictures
Attachments
IMG_0413.JPG
pocket seems on the inside of waders
IMG_0412.JPG
stitching close up
IMG_0411.JPG
boot cuff closed
IMG_0408.JPG
more boot cuff
IMG_0407.JPG
boot cuff

handyandy
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm

more pics
Attachments
IMG_0415.JPG
another seem inside the waders
IMG_0414.JPG
best part about them

handyandy
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:50 pm

i dont understand why you would consider buying anything duck commander. its going to be cheaply made because the manufacture is just using their name as a marketing gimmick. IF you were to buy anything with their name on it a call would probably be the best bet. not the random $HIT that has their name on it LIKE WADERS.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby dbrown57 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 am

Ive had redhead brand and they weren't much good... one season and they got a couple holes in them early on. I currently have lacrosse 1200s. they are going on three seasons and have a small, and I mean small leak around the boot, and honestly it was my fault because I got a pair that was to big so they wore around the boot. Other than that they have been through beaver slews, rivers, woods and flooded corn and they have held up well. The biggest thing is just get them fit properly and they will last you many years
PRO STAFF FOR CRITTER DONE GAME CALLS
dbrown57
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 am

handyandy wrote:I bought USIA waders. Just got them in a little over a week ago. Haven't had a chance to use them yet season opens here in the beginning of november. They are really quality waders and have a lifetime garauntee. A real one at that if you damage them you can send them back and they will fix or replace them free of charge. Thats the good thing about them they can actually replace the boots if they ever wear out, if they rip or tear they can stich in a patch and seal the seams just like their normal seams. All the seams are triple stitched and sealed. The fabric they are made of is a waterproof one similar to a really really tough cordura type material. The fronts of the legs have a overlayed second material similar the what the rest of the waders are made from. There is also a double layered cuff that goes over the tops of the boots down to the ankle area to help protect them and the seam where they are attached to the waders. They are very well made and the boots they use are very flexible and very comfortable at least walking around the yard strutting the new waders they were. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was retarded. For the bad they aren't the cheapest the insulated boot upgrade was another 75 and the stainless steel d rings I had added where the straps clip were another 25. The base price is 200 so mine were 300 plus 12 for shipping. Not cheap but I was tired of wearing out waders every two years. The other thing that kind of sucks is the boots are insulated but that was extra, but the material is not near as thick or insulating like neoprene but seems much more durable. I figure its nothing that layering can't solve. The other kind of sucky part is that if I ever do rip them or need something done I have to ship them there $10-15. The plus side they are American made the only waders that I know of that are. They can add any custom features you want when you order or down the road if you send them back like inside pockets leg pockets or whatever you can think of. Custom stuff does add more to the cost though. They don't have the traditional camos like max4 and duckblind. They do have a ton of different colors and tons of different military camo patterns. I opted for a coyote brown with desert bdu camo overlay I think they look pretty good like that, but you can have whatever combo you think of they make them for you. Sorry I don't have any pictures I will take some and post them. I will also let you know how they do once I have had them out a few times. To each his own I thought about the macks, rogers, or cabelas waders to try this time. But they are all foreign made, I try to buy American if I can. Neoprene seams are just prone to leaking after stretching and contracting a bunch and they were all not much less than the USIA's for the better ones. I figured if I was gonna spend 200-300 for good waders I was going to give that money towards American jobs. If anyone knows of any other waders made here let me know I'd like to hear about them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and what they like so take my review USIA waders however you like, if they sound good to you great if not I don't care. If you have questions about them I will try and answer as best I can. I will get pics up tomorrow night hopefully.

I think this is the route I will go. I bought some thinsulate pac boot liners. Im gonna send them to them and have them attach an insulated boot that my liners fit inside of. I too try to buy american.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 am

winchester1852 wrote:i dont understand why you would consider buying anything duck commander. its going to be cheaply made because the manufacture is just using their name as a marketing gimmick. IF you were to buy anything with their name on it a call would probably be the best bet. not the random $HIT that has their name on it LIKE WADERS.

I considered them because they are comparable to everything else out there and have a descent price tag? You dont think cabelas,basspro and mackspw are names used by wader manufacturers to sell product? Cabelas, basspro and gander mountain are jus like walmart,lowes and home depot in my book. They hardly sell any american made quality products. Corporate america and politicians ruined manufacturing. The politicians are bought and paid for by big business. We as consumers are guilty as well because we want it now and we want it cheap.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:39 am

Ducksnuff870 wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:i dont understand why you would consider buying anything duck commander. its going to be cheaply made because the manufacture is just using their name as a marketing gimmick. IF you were to buy anything with their name on it a call would probably be the best bet. not the random $HIT that has their name on it LIKE WADERS.

I considered them because they are comparable to everything else out there and have a descent price tag? You dont think cabelas,basspro and mackspw are names used by wader manufacturers to sell product? THEY ARE Cabelas, basspro and gander mountain are jus like walmart,lowes and home depot in my book. They hardly sell any american made quality products.

i consider cabelas to have decent products with good backing . don't care about the other names you listed

true BUT your still paying more for them because it has duck commander on it. (YOUR PAYING FOR THE NAME) like most things[/b] if you can find more of an off brand your getting the same product for less of a price.

Corporate america and politicians ruined manufacturing. The politicians are bought and paid for by big business. We as consumers are guilty as well because we want it now and we want it cheap.

i agree
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby youngoilguy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Duck commander do not have the rip stop nylon. I wouldn't buy a pair without it.
assateague wrote:I hunt to kill. It's why I take a gun instead of a camera. And it's a goose- lighten up.

best quote ever
youngoilguy
hunter

Postby Cpetit33 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 pm

I'd go lacrosse order them from ll. Bean and you'll never have to worry again the have a life time warranty on everuthing no questions asked
Cpetit33
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Cpetit33 wrote:I'd go lacrosse order them from ll. Bean and you'll never have to worry again the have a life time warranty on everuthing no questions asked

You bring a valid point. Cabelas "lifetime guarantee" isn't what it is played up to be. The "lifetime" is actually one year and ninety days from what I understand. LL Bean has stood behind their products that I have owned. I have their Waterfowl Sweater with WINDSTOPPER. Love it! I had work shirts from them also that were replaced after holes developed.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:43 pm

made a thread with a full review which also has some other questions and answers on it as well now plus a link to the ifish forum with tons of information on them.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=302641

handyandy
hunter

Postby BBK » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Labs4Mallard wrote:Don't be afraid to take a look at Rogers Sporting Goods waders either!

Just got a pair of their toughman 1600's. SUPER warm. Too warm for this 50 degree weather actually. Going to be sweet in nov/dec though! They seem really nice, but I'll have to put a year or so on them to really give a worthwhile opinion.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm

BBK wrote:
Labs4Mallard wrote:Don't be afraid to take a look at Rogers Sporting Goods waders either!

Just got a pair of their toughman 1600's. SUPER warm. Too warm for this 50 degree weather actually. Going to be sweet in nov/dec though! They seem really nice, but I'll have to put a year or so on them to really give a worthwhile opinion.

I ordered Toughman 3mm. The cut is horrible! I mean terrible. Couldn't believe the fit. Extremely baggy in the crotch and chest. I mean about six extra inches. I sent them back after an hour of having them and ordered Cabelas LightMags instead.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby nick2021 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Cliner wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:just get cabela's and dont look back.

Yep. 6 seasons now not one leak. You get what you pay for. You pay for cheap gear, it will just fall apart faster. And cabelas has lifetime warenty. If its days cabelas on it and is defective take them back and they will replace no ? Asked.

No, acutally, they will not take them back and replace them. I brought waders into them that had a hole in the knee and they would not replace them because a "lifetime warranty" is the lifetime of the product (which they consider 1 year). Classic bait and switch. I won't buy from cabelas again.

Agree! Cabelas will NOT take them back....I had the same problem and even went as far as writing to the President of Cabelas.....they stated lifetime warranty pertains to what "Cabelas feels is the actual life span of the product." Complete BS. I asked how they determine what the average lifespan is of their waders and they gave me a hiking boot analogy (complete BS as well as waders/hiking boots are two different things). They said since people usually don't go hiking for more than a couple days a year, they deem hiking boots as having a lifespan of 5-7 years....complete BS...if people have had good luck with Cabelas honoring their warranty then I am happy for them. However, this was not the case for me.
nick2021
hunter

Postby chrispbrown271 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:30 am

I was in the market for a new pair myself this year. My Cabelas waders finally gave out after 6 years, though it was my own fault and not any manufacturing error....I just plain abused them. The prices of Cabelas waders has gone up, so I looked around to see what else was out there. In the end I went with Rogers Sporting goods 5mm fleece lined waders. The fit on them isn't perfect, but the construction appears to be great. The only complaint I have is that the sides under the armpits seem a bit low cut to me. I am wondering if that will haunt me some morning crossing a deep ditch. But we will see.
On a side note, 6 yrs. ago before I bought my Cabelas I bought a pair of LL Bean waders and they were junk. Very thin neoprene (it was supposed to be 5 mm but it certainly didn't feel like it) and the construction just seemed bad. Used them one time and a BIG chunk tore out of the butt when I slid down on a bench that had no snags on it. Sent them back and got a full refund.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum