Cabela's Waterfowler™ 1200Ti Waders review

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Cabela's Waterfowler™ 1200Ti Waders review

Postby Ducowti » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Haven't seen any topics on these waders recently so figured it may help someone out. I bought these a few weeks ago after getting fed up w.stocking foot waders I use fly fishing. http://tinyurl.com/ybx4ow

Pros:
+ excellent quality
+ lightly-lined removable hand warmer pouch I find far preferable to the stitched chest pouch on most other waders
+ zipper attachment is covered w.neoprene flap (no lanyard snags)
+ shell pockets (10) on this pouch
+ Thinsulate 1200g keep-a-my foot-a veddy toasty
+ Reinforced knee pads
+ 4mm thickness comfortable even in mild temps (55+)
+ Wide shoulder straps => more comfortable
+ Chest height seems higher (at least on me) which saved me a couple times last week from taking on water while retreiving my boat that blew loose :oops:

Cons:
- removable pouch, if weighed down w.shells and gizmos inside the storage part, can be heavy and the pouch can be annoyingly pendulous
- 1200g Thinsulate boots aren't light
- could use more fleece inside hand warmer
- shell pockets could use a cover flap stitched above to prevent nice shiny brass from flaring birds!
- crotch is a hair high on me for my 6'2" frame, i.e. it could be a quarter inch lower to be perfect but it's not uncomfortable

Despite the minor cons noted I love these things :thumbsup:
! To deal w.the brass of my shells being a warning beacon to overhead birds I simply turn them upside down in their pockets and pull them out about 1/3rd of the way. This way they're easier to quickly pull out after emptying my magazine missing easy shots, scrambling to reload!

Uh, that's all I can think of at the moment.
Ducowti
hunter

Postby Jagermeister » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:07 pm

i ordered a pair of these last week and am still waiting for them to show up. thanks for the review, i cant wait to take them out and put them to the test.
Jagermeister
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum