Bet vacuum sealer

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Bet vacuum sealer

Postby fish dog » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:06 am

I'm looking to get one of those "seal a meal" type of vacuum sealer machines to store game and, for that matter, "regular" food when I find stuff on sale. Just wondering what ya'all use, how long meat will keep frozen if properly sealed, which machines to avoid (if you've had a bad experience with one), an so on.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Re: Bet vacuum sealer

Postby quanah labs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I call your vacuum sealer and raise you a blender! :biggrin:

Sorry that was cornier than deer crap!
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Postby maclavin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm

I use a food saver. I buy the one with the least options. Last me a couple of years with heavy use.

Mike
maclavin
hunter

Bet vacuum sealer

Postby talltimber » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 am

We bought a foodsaver 32xx machine and it would seal and vacuum a few times really well, and went downhill from there. Wouldn't vacuum to suit me but generally sealed pretty well unless there was a lot of moisture in the bag (fish). Fish HAVE to be dried off, and frozen a little would probably be even better. My wife called them and they sent another just like it, only a newer model. Same thing. Called again, they sent a gamesaver and we've used it a couple of times and its worked fine. The few times we've used it have just been a couple of bags at a time though, no big jobs yet to have a good review to offer. .
talltimber
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

I'd go with a foodsaver. They're cheap and reliable.

For anyone that uses a Foodsaver:

When the machine does not seal anymore or starts not to seal properly, you need to change the rubber gaskets on the top and bottom. Foodsaver fails to tell you this in any of their manuals. You can buy them online for few dollars. My foodsaver refused to seal. I was about ready to toss mine when I read an article somewhere. I searched on their website and found the gaskets under replacement parts. I replaced teh gaskets and it works good as new. They state the gaskets should be replaced every 6 months or a year.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:12 am

What do you do when it doesn't vacuum well enough. I'm beginning to thinking expectations are too high with these things. It doesn't have to suck a hole in the bottom but removing the air would be nice.
talltimber
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum