LaCrosse Realtree Max-4 Alphaburly Hunting Boot

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

LaCrosse Realtree Max-4 Alphaburly Hunting Boot

Postby imboray » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 am

Anyone own a pair of these?? Looking for some feedback or reviews. thanks
imboray
hunter

Re: LaCrosse Realtree Max-4 Alphaburly Hunting Boot

Postby Berex » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 am

Pretty good boots just don't get the insulated unless you live in Antarctica
Berex
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 pm

i am going on 6 years with the 800 gram. i have seen the 800 gram for as low as 89$ thats a good deal check MPW i think they have them on sale now.
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby Assault » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:32 pm

I use them. I do a lot of walking up and down ravines and marsh bottoms (Mississippi delta). They have good grip when climbing! My last pair lasted 5 seasons till they split at the seam on the shin! Awesome boots
If I c it in the air, it's coming down!
Assault
hunter

Postby xrated » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 am

Just bought a pair with 1500 grams. Tomorrow will be the first test, 30 degrees at sunrise with northwest winds at 20. Which means getting out to the spot 2.5 hours early. Should be a good test of the warmth.
xrated
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:18 am

I've had the Alpha Burleys, the Rockys, and now I just got the Irish Setter version with the EXO skeleton or whatever they call it. These ones are by far the best of the three. To be honest, I think the Alpha's were the worst. The Rockys and the Irish Setters are both much more comfortable for walking in, the downside with the Rockys was the zipper, and the bulk. For some reason they are twice as wide as they need to be.
One piece of advice, if you want them for deer season, buy them 6 months ago. All of them stink bad when you first get them. Its a pain to get the rubber smell off of them.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby xrated » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Well they were warm. 30s for temps and sitting around my feet stayed warm.

However walking out Saturday morning my foot suddenly felt kinda damp and cool. Sure enough one boot leaked. I will say even with water getting in my foot stayed warm. Wife went back today and picked up a new pair for the leaky pair. Plan on sitting with my feet in the bathtub tonight while I drink my beer.

I too noticed the rubber smell. I don't get to hung up on being scent free for deer hunting but was thinking I will be rubbing all sorts of crap on to lose the new smell and maybe even buy that scent killer stuff so many people buy.
xrated
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 am

I have the burly's I liked them warm but not bulky, light, comfortable, and easy to walk in. I picked mine up this past spring at the bass pro outlet for $65 dollars unfortunetly just recently jabbed a big hole in them walking back from deer hunting. Didn't even get a year out of them looking at buying them again or maybe muck boots idk.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby BurnettGunner » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:11 am

Great boot but you will need to rebuy them every year if you use them a lot. I use mine for duck, deer, turkey, icefishing and spring bear. I wear them out every 12 months or so. I've been thinking about trying a muck boot as well.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby imboray » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:24 pm

thanks for the input
imboray
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum