USIA waders review

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: USIA waders review

Postby BigTerp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 am

I've had mine on for 2 hunts so far. No complaints. They are much more comfortable than my old neoprenes, especially the boots.
BigTerp
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Postby handyandy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Thought I'd bump this up, and post a update on mine. This is the third season on mine now. Not one leak or problem. I have hunted in them quiet a bit here in Indiana and back home in Missouri. Some of the hunts here I have done quiet a bit of walking around in thick river bottom timber/brush getting to flooded holes. Lots of walking around in out of my boat on truman lake in MO as well this season. So far extra initial cost of these have been worth it for me. Went back to missouri for a whole week after thanksgiving did a walk in hunt at grand pass, hunted truman lake the rest of week all day each day for 5 days can't complain about the waders at all.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby blackrock2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 pm

handyandy wrote:Thought I'd bump this up, and post a update on mine. This is the third season on mine now. Not one leak or problem. I have hunted in them quiet a bit here in Indiana and back home in Missouri. Some of the hunts here I have done quiet a bit of walking around in thick river bottom timber/brush getting to flooded holes. Lots of walking around in out of my boat on truman lake in MO as well this season. So far extra initial cost of these have been worth it for me. Went back to missouri for a whole week after thanksgiving did a walk in hunt at grand pass, hunted truman lake the rest of week all day each day for 5 days can't complain about the waders at all.

Good to hear, I think I'll try some next season.
blackrock2
hunter

Postby BigTerp » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:41 am

How are you guys storing your waders? I have mine hanging by the shoulder straps in my hunting closet. But, they are XL long so the fabric right above the boot seam sags over and creates a crease in it. Basically they are too tall to be hung without folding over. Hopefully that makes sense? Wondering if this is going to cause any problems with long term storage until September?
BigTerp
hunter

Postby Hawk87 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:37 pm

BigTerp wrote:How are you guys storing your waders? I have mine hanging by the shoulder straps in my hunting closet. But, they are XL long so the fabric right above the boot seam sags over and creates a crease in it. Basically they are too tall to be hung without folding over. Hopefully that makes sense? Wondering if this is going to cause any problems with long term storage until September?

Well, I am fishing in them, so its not long term, but I have them in boot hangers.

http://www.amazon.com/Rackem-1001-RackE ... ge_o09_s00
Hawk87
hunter

Postby BigTerp » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 am

Hawk87 wrote:Well, I am fishing in them, so its not long term, but I have them in boot hangers.

http://www.amazon.com/Rackem-1001-RackE ... ge_o09_s00

Those are nice!! Could use a set of those.

I actually emailed USIA and they recommended rolling them up starting at the boots and storing them in a bag away from any moisture.
BigTerp
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:19 am

Strange looking....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am

I have boot/wader hanger I made with crap I had lying around. It's a 2x4 I drilled holes through and hammered metal rods through that are just narrow enough to slid boots or wader boots into and allow them to not fall through but not constrict them closed. It is screwed into the wall has enough boot slots to hold four pair boots or waders. I hang mine up from the boots with the waders rolled up or down completely. Rolled up if I'm gonna use them within a few days down if they are getting put up for a while.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby Hawk87 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:47 am

There are a bunch of "which waders to buy" threads, so I thought I would bump this.
Hawk87
hunter

Postby handyandy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:12 am

Since the made in USA gear got brought up again, and a bunch of which waders threads up right now thought I'd post about USIA's again. No I don't work for them or anything just very happy with them, and like supporting quality USA made products. My USIA's are still going strong, no leaks no problems with them this is now the start of their fourth season with me. If anyone else has USIA's feel free to post in this thread about them I know a few guys on here have now had some for a while.

handyandy
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:28 am

Since the waterfowl season is now done figured I'd post up continuing my thoughts/review on the USIA waders. Mine made it through this past season which was their fourth one with no issues. Still no leaks or any problems with them still very happy with buying them never before have any waders lasted me this long. Had plenty of warmer hunts, cold ones, some long walks through woods, brush, and muck this season no complaints. Read my previous post to understand how to dress when wearing them in the cold as they aren't insulated. I'll take that trade off for how durable they are. I highly recommend them and don't think anyone would be disappointed in getting them. No I don't work for them nor am I affiliated or sponsered with them in any way, just a happy customer.

handyandy
hunter

Postby NW Birdhunter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 pm

I've had mine for 5 years now, no leaks, very durable. I have the Boggs boots, only complaint is they run tight! If I was going to order them again I would get the size one size larger in the boots. Also they are not insulated so I wear some different waders during the freeze. USIA are spendy initially but they pay off in the many seasons of use without leaks! :thumbsup:
Forget the past, the past is gone forever, right now is where it's happening.
NW Birdhunter
hunter

Postby Frozen okie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:21 pm

So I have to ask why do you guys get the D rings on them? What do you use them for?
Thanks
Frozen okie
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Frozen okie wrote:So I have to ask why do you guys get the D rings on them? What do you use them for?
Thanks

I use the D rings on my waders to hold decoy clips. The clips hold the strings so I'm hands free while walking around in the shallow water picking up decoys. Can also clip a decoy bag to a D ring if I need to walk around while putting out decoys.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Frozen okie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Frozen okie wrote:So I have to ask why do you guys get the D rings on them? What do you use them for?
Thanks

I use the D rings on my waders to hold decoy clips. The clips hold the strings so I'm hands free while walking around in the shallow water picking up decoys. Can also clip a decoy bag to a D ring if I need to walk around while putting out decoys.

Aaaahhhhh that makes sence , thanks
Frozen okie
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Thanks

I got the D rings for the same reason I also when it's cold out have a hand muff I clip on to keep my hands in until I grab a call or gun or something.

NW Birdhunter wrote:I've had mine for 5 years now, no leaks, very durable. I have the Boggs boots, only complaint is they run tight! If I was going to order them again I would get the size one size larger in the boots. Also they are not insulated so I wear some different waders during the freeze. USIA are spendy initially but they pay off in the many seasons of use without leaks! :thumbsup:

I wish I had gone a size up in the bogs boots as well they are a little snug on the feet in cold hunts when I wear real thick socks. I wear mine even on the cold hunts I just layer up appropriately I'm never any less comfortable than I was in thinner neos.

handyandy
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum