Good long lasting wader??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Good long lasting wader??

Postby AR Dave » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 am

That's good to hear - there is another thread where people were down on Cabela's for changing their warranty policy on waders. 90 days full refund, maybe prorated for up to a year. How old were yours? Oh and I agree - if you're waders are lasting for more than 3 years, you wouldn't like duck hunting with me. lol
AR Dave
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 pm

AR Dave wrote:That's good to hear - there is another thread where people were down on Cabela's for changing their warranty policy on waders. 90 days full refund, maybe prorated for up to a year. How old were yours? Oh and I agree - if you're waders are lasting for more than 3 years, you wouldn't like duck hunting with me. lol

Mine were just over a year old. They didn't have my exact model in stock, so they asked me to pick another. I told the girl I couldn't decide on the phone and needed to think about it. She said no problem, I work two more hours I'll call you back in an hour. Called me back in an hour, sured up my decision and then sent them the next day, with a free UPS shipping label for the return. That's the type of customer service you don't see every day. Like I said, if you have a club card and can see your purchase history it helps you out.
dgram36
hunter

Postby jerdogg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

Cabelas ultimate waders. Had them for ten years and wore them hard. No leaks and warm! Well worth the money. 90day money back full guaruntee. After that pro rated. Just spoke with cabelas phone rep.
jerdogg
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Buy Waders in November, send back end of January, get full Cabela's Credit. Started to use my Cabela's credit again this November, but decided to use some LaCrosse prorated Credit locally. I should probably stay with Cabela's, in the future, and just use it like a rental program.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby voicebugler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

There's the reason Cabelas is changing their warranty policies entirely.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
voicebugler
Newb

Postby AR Dave » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Cause I sent my leaking China Made Waders back within 3 months? They've changed their warranty because of the bottom line - profits. Cabela's isn't selling Grandpa's American Made Quality anymore - not good business to guarantee Chow Mings seam work for a lifetime.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby handyandy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:41 am

AR Dave wrote:Cause I sent my leaking China Made Waders back within 3 months? They've changed their warranty because of the bottom line - profits. Cabela's isn't selling Grandpa's American Made Quality anymore - not good business to guarantee Chow Mings seam work for a lifetime.

Agreed thats why I went with USIA's made in America with a real lifetime warranty and someone that actually stands behind their products. Don't get me wrong I like cabelas and most of their products, but I have a hard time shelling a ton of money on chinese waders they won't back.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby voicebugler » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 am

I digress if the returns were legitimate quality return issues. When I read the post, it sounded to me like you were using them for season, then returning them just to return them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
voicebugler
Newb

Postby MoBrad » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:43 am

AR Dave wrote:Buy Waders in November, send back end of January, get full Cabela's Credit. Started to use my Cabela's credit again this November, but decided to use some LaCrosse prorated Credit locally. I should probably stay with Cabela's, in the future, and just use it like a rental program.

I think he was
MoBrad
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Honestly I did insinuate that off the cuff, although I've never done it. I bought Cabela's Waders in about December, after some old LaCrosse started leaking, the Cabelas didn’t last long at all, sent the Cabelas back in January. They gave me full credit - within 90 days. Planned on waiting until November before getting another pair, but decided to go with the prorated credit from LaCrosse this time. What I have learned, save the box and paper work (for everything), and when they leak - send them back! That’s for working hunters - I’m sure many waders will last the sit on your ass, in the blind, hunters for many years.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby open door » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 am

Sounds like Cabela's is the way to go. I bought Pro Line last year and leaking already, just beyond the one year warranty, of course. I hunt swamps and do a lot of walking, therefore I need a 3.5 neoprene because the 5 is too hot. I hardly ever tear the neoprene, it's the leaky (usually dry rot) rubber boot part that I always have trouble with. I use Armor All to spray on the rubber, to no avail. Gonna check Cabela's to see if they have a 3.5 neoprene.
open door
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 pm

get USIA's if you happen to get a leak they will fix them no charge. If the boots wear out you can have them replaced and you can put on whatever boots you want to if you talk to them. There made from a really tough cordura like material much tougher than any neoprene and not as hot either. I like mine so far I have a review thread of them I started on here check it out. Another member had some older ones he got a leak in them they fixed them for free. When they fix them they actually get fixed not like a goober job of silicon or something we would use.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Handyandy, if you keep talkin bout them waders, I'm going to end up with a pair. Appreciate the updates on them.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby NyDuckMan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 am

handyandy wrote:get USIA's if you happen to get a leak they will fix them no charge. If the boots wear out you can have them replaced and you can put on whatever boots you want to if you talk to them. There made from a really tough cordura like material much tougher than any neoprene and not as hot either. I like mine so far I have a review thread of them I started on here check it out. Another member had some older ones he got a leak in them they fixed them for free. When they fix them they actually get fixed not like a goober job of silicon or something we would use.

The pictures I've seen with the USIA's has not given them much appeal to me. They look like they make a lot of noise, i have yet to see them in a real camo pattern, and they also seem exceptionally glossy. With that being said I do like every other aspect of their quailty of stitch, matericals, and boots.

I recently ended up getting a pair of expandable 1000g LaCrosse Mallards, i got the expandable because i can wear my hunting satchel along with other gear in the waders and not worry about it constricting my overall room. We'll see how they hold up, they set me back $150.
**2014 - 2015**
3 - Wood Ducks
4 - Canada Goose
5 - Pheasants
1 - Crow
NyDuckMan
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:02 am

Noisy? Not Camo Pattern? Are you hunting deer or ducks? :smile:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby NyDuckMan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am

Ok, the camo pattern may be irrelevant, but from what i've seen they come in brighter colors than I'd like.
And in regards to the sound, come late season i do some jump shooting so the closest i can get the better chance i have at getting a shot.
**2014 - 2015**
3 - Wood Ducks
4 - Canada Goose
5 - Pheasants
1 - Crow
NyDuckMan
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 am

they don't have your typical max4 or duckblind camos no, but they do have every kind of military camo, or you can just get a solid color. I got mine in coyote brown with the old school military desert camo since most backgounds are dead tan grass and brown mud/dirt. When your really moving the material getting them on they are noisy but once on they don't make anymore noise than cabelas breathables. I know this for fact as I hunt with a guy that has the breathables. I killed a couple mallards and woodies in the early part of our season here they didn't seem to care that they weren't in a true duck hunting camo. They weren't any shinier than a new layout blind, I'll have to take some pictures of mine and post them on my review now that they have gotten a little dirtier. You don't have to like them it's a free country, I just prefer to buy something once and be done with it. Just as a note as to what turned me on to USIA I started hunting ducks fall 09 bought my first pair of waders lacrosse ones. They lasted two seasons before a hole got jab in them right near the crotch could never get it sealed. So august 2011 I got some columbia ones they lasted two seasons they crapped out this past snow goose season in march the boots cracked along where they bend. So at this point I was tired of spending 150-200 on waders every other year and figured there had to be ones that actually lasted that weren't the same foreign made neoprene pieces of crap like everyone sells. So I did some searching figuring there had to be some that were USA made and came across USIA and the ifish forum which had lots of satisfied customers so I then got mine. I'm happy so far.

handyandy
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 am

I could care less about color and noise, mine are usually underwater, in a blind, or behind a Cypress Tree. If it's a problem, I'll spray some camo on them. Son text yesterday that when he sat down in the blind, he realized there is a leak in his Cabela's - was expecting that, they've had two good seasons (probably like 6 seasons for most people). My family buys Waders like Cell Phones.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 am

The problem with waders now is, they figure that the way to make waders last longer is to make them thicker..it makes sense but they get hot.
Another problem is, I rarely have the neo go, I always get dry rotted boots.
I just retired my Cabellas Armor Flex in season 4 and reordered "Backwater Armorflex"....3mm instead of 5mm
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am

2500hdon37s wrote:
koehlec wrote:anything cabelas brand is lifetime guarantee including waders,

that being the lifetime of the product, and a life time for wader's per Cabela's definition is a year IIRC.

That being said mine are going on their 3rd life and still look new, and leak free.

When my Cabelas breathables started leaking everywhere, they would not replace them cause that model was no longer made. I have seen them to be better than most other waders. MACKS waders suck .
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 pm

I know I may sound like a broken record here but if the boots do wear out or get dry rotted on usias you can have them replaced which is cheaper than a whole new set of waders. I had it with crappy waders like everyone makes now when my old columbias the boots cracked where they bend snow goose hunting on lake at the end of february when it was still quiet cold. Needless to my foot was a block of ice all day.

handyandy
hunter

Postby radfordc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:27 pm

I bought a pair of Cabelas waders about 4-5 years ago. They started leaking last month so I took them in and asked for the warranty coverage. They gave me $100 credit on a new pair.
radfordc
hunter

Postby dysco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:35 am

How often do you guys wear your neoprene waders? I wear mine 30-50 days a year and hike sometimes 3-4 miles in them. I have the 5mm camo Cabelas waders out of the bargain cave. I'm on my second pair. My first pair has about 15 patches. I use Seam Grip. Slather it on, fill the hole, and let it dry for 24 hours. Problem solved. It's the only way I can keep a pair of waders going. Also, ditch the dumb bootfoot waders. Get some stockingfoots and buy a $100 pair of fly fishing wading boots. They'll last several years, hike well, and be more comfortable than the stupid camo plastic ones Cabelas sells to hunters. My last pair of boots lasted 7 years. Since then, the company went out of business and I had to buy a different brand. Should have bought two pair. :lol3:
dysco
hunter

Postby Fins and Feathers » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 pm

I have a pair of Caddis waterfowl waders this is their second season and they've been hunted hard and have held up nicely. A buddy of mine has the Rogers Tough man waders and they seem cool but you can't go in too deep of water in them.
Fins and Feathers
hunter

Postby bigsurf7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Simms!!! Ive had the same pair for several years guiding and they have never let me down.
bigsurf7
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Gear Forum