Drake pullover got put in dryer

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Drake pullover got put in dryer

Postby Fordx4bronc » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what to do here. My wife stuck my Drake pullover in the dryer. Now it is all bunched up where it melted the outer shell a little bit. I have been able to pull most of it out but it still makes a crinkling sound when I move. Anyone ever done this before and any recommendations to quiet it down.
Fordx4bronc
hunter

Re: Drake pullover got put in dryer

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am

Trade the wife for a new pullover......................................
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 pm

tell her she owes you a new one. I really don't know I didn't know you couldn't put them in the dryer.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby old school too » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Try talking to your professional cleaners since they have probably seen this kind of thing before. Believe me one day you and your wife will laugh about this. She will keep you warmer than this pullover ever could. It's still just a shirt.
old school too
hunter

Postby Fordx4bronc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am

It is an older full camo quarter zip I just picked up used for 20 bucks. All my other drake stuff can be put in the dryer without issue. This one says not too. I went ahead and ran it through the washer again and hung it up to dry and it is much better now. I'm hoping the rest of it will work itself out with a little use.

Was never upset with her over it, just trying to figure out how to fix it.
Fordx4bronc
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 am

Fordx4bronc wrote:I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what to do here. My wife stuck my Drake pullover in the dryer. Now it is all bunched up where it melted the outer shell a little bit. I have been able to pull most of it out but it still makes a crinkling sound when I move. Anyone ever done this before and any recommendations to quiet it down.

I'm thinking you could extract a quality "you know what" from this situation.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum