External Fuel Feed to Generator

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Postby h2o dog » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 am

I just got an ice eater for one of my hunting spots. I'm gonna need to power it with a generator. Problem is that I'm gonna need to add an external fuel feed to the generator tank to keep it running for more then 3 hours. I've got a outboard has tank. Need some pics and directions (especially pics) for rigging an external gas feed to my generator.

Thanks.
JoKen's Sir Lucas Bartholomew - "Lucas"
Tallmadge's Miss Eloise Lucia JH - "Ellie"
HR Tallmadge's Spirit of Light SH - "Boggs"
h2o dog
hunter

Postby talltimber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 am

Pull the rubber line on your generator and plug the fuel line in there from your ext tank. Idk how much luck you'll have with using an outboard tank. Ideal would be a gravity feed tank with the output barb low on the tank and place the tank higher than your generator. Outboards have a fuel pump (external tank type anyway) and you won't on this rig.
You might be able to get it to draw out of the boat tank but it will have to be a leak free (air) system.

Edit. Unless you have a generator (like Honda) that had a pump on it, obviously.
talltimber
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum