What's in your blind bag?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Re: What's in your blind bag?

Postby nitram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Toilet Paper in a Zip Loc Bag. It's #1 on the list for a reason
Something to eat. Usually Jerky of the day, Nabs, and Almond Joy. Gratons (in a paper sack) when I can get good ones.
Dry Socks, t-shirt, gloves, and beanie. in a Zip Loc
Choke tube wrench & MilTech
Matches in WP Box, Lighter Fluid & Hand Warmers in a Zip Loc
Wheat Light, Flashlight & Batteries
Shoo Goo, Para Cord, & Leatherman
Whistle, Corks, Reeds, & Guts in a Zip Loc
1st Aid Kit including BC Powders in a Zip Loc
RNT Short Barrel & Sean Mann White Out
Shells
Beretta Model 21A
Filet Knife and game shears
License, Stamps, & Tags etc. in a Zip Loc
Juicy Fruit
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:16 am

10gaOkie wrote:Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris

:clapping: That's what I call hunting in style.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

I mostly hunt in a permanant blind. This sort of stuff is not so easy to do when hunting from a boat.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum