What's in your blind bag?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: What's in your blind bag?

Postby nitram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Toilet Paper in a Zip Loc Bag. It's #1 on the list for a reason
Something to eat. Usually Jerky of the day, Nabs, and Almond Joy. Gratons (in a paper sack) when I can get good ones.
Dry Socks, t-shirt, gloves, and beanie. in a Zip Loc
Choke tube wrench & MilTech
Matches in WP Box, Lighter Fluid & Hand Warmers in a Zip Loc
Wheat Light, Flashlight & Batteries
Shoo Goo, Para Cord, & Leatherman
Whistle, Corks, Reeds, & Guts in a Zip Loc
1st Aid Kit including BC Powders in a Zip Loc
RNT Short Barrel & Sean Mann White Out
Shells
Beretta Model 21A
Filet Knife and game shears
License, Stamps, & Tags etc. in a Zip Loc
Juicy Fruit
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:16 am

10gaOkie wrote:Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris

:clapping: That's what I call hunting in style.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

I mostly hunt in a permanant blind. This sort of stuff is not so easy to do when hunting from a boat.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Pvavra@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:37 pm

I lost or had my bag stolen this fall in mn I can identify because I have the band numbers of two of the bands can someone help me try to locate a lost and found spot on this site or anywhere. Not very Internet savy. Will pay a reward thanks
Pvavra@hotmail.com
Newb

Postby NaturalStateHunter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Daggum, some of you people sound like you're packing for a week long vacation or something
NaturalStateHunter
hunter

Postby Reger124 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:25 pm

I have a small bag so not to much for me:

2- boxes of shells

Calls

Decoy gloves

Dog whistle

Clippers

Jerk rig

Dog tie off rope for when she acts up

Knife

Face paint

Hand warmers

Duck lanyard

And every once in a while a pack of duck jerky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reger124
hunter

Postby KySwampHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:40 pm

lanyard
duck strap
lighter
neck gaitor
gloves
hand warmers
flashlight
#2's and BB
knife
KySwampHunter
hunter

Postby Cheesehead_1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 am

In my boat blind bag

Calls
Headlamp
Three boxes of shells
Goggles
GPS
Knife
Two pair of gloves
Hat
Facemask
Neck gaiter
Wader mud straps
Zip ties
Game strap
Thermacell (early season)
Water bottle

I pack it once and I know what I have. I don't have to get it set up every time.

Walk in bag:
Box of shells
Knife
Wader straps
Game tote
Head lamp
Two pair gloves
Face mask or paint

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
Cheesehead_1
hunter

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:39 am

It depends. If I am hunting in my boat, my boat has sealed rod boxes on each side, so I keep emergency equipment in those all the time, ie, flares, emergency kit, extra lights/batteries, tool kit, quick-start, seafoam, oil, grease gun , etc. etc., as well as a lighter, fuzees, tinder, etc for making a fire, and a can of sterno , which could be used in the boat if we get stuck somewhere out in the cold. Also TP and Kleenex and bottled water .

My personal bag is this: Image

and I have them in several sizes, depending on application. If I am field hunting, close to my vehicle, I leave my emergency kit etc in the vehicle. I do carry my small size blind box with 1 or maybe 2 boxes of shells (snow geese even 3), a bottle of water or pop, lanyard, calls, facemask, flashlight, and cellphone/SPOT satellite communication device. About 80% of my hunts are outside cell service range, and if I am by myself, I always have the SPOT communicator with me for emergency. I will carry chemical handwarmers for late season and some extra dry gloves (thin cheap ones that allow me good feel but keep the chill off).

If I am hunting in someone else's boat, I have a bigger box, and will have some emergency equipment in there as well as some ski goggles (trust me, they work on the water in cold weather), extra toque (dry), and big mitts for keeping warm. Always carry 2 gps's with me. Rino and a smaller spare unit with batteries. I can go into some spots that have tiny entrances and it is easy to get turned around or lost in some of the marshes, so it is a must, as is the backup, unless you like spending the night under the stars in late October.
Last edited by The Pas Swamp Donkey on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 am

Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris

Sorry, too busy shooting ducks and geese to be trying to cook breakfast.
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby Mallarddrake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:42 pm

1. Box of #3 and a box of 3 1/2 BB
2. Lanyard and calls
3. Stringer
4. A light

I dont really carry toilet paper (important paper) with me. Only needed it once and thank the good Lord my cousin had some with him.
Mallarddrake
hunter

Postby Mallarddrake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 pm

10gaOkie wrote:Beside the normal stuff, I also pack a small vintage aluminum omelet maker. This also doubles as a bisquit oven. On the outside of my bag, I strap on a portable propane heater which also doubles as a cook stove. Inside my bag, I pack a small carton of liquid scrambled eggs, pkg of hash browns and duck breakfast sausage which all goes into the omelet mixed together plus I take along a tube of bisquit dough. I cook the bisquits first and store in a ziplock hot/cold bag to keep them warm while cooking the omelets. I also pack a jar of plumb jelly which tops it off. Also inside my bag, I pack a small extra propane bottle for the heater/stove. Last but not least, a pair of clear ATV goggles for wind in your face days. They fit right over my eye glasses and a half dozen pairs of brown jersey gloves with a fold up pvc pancho. On good days, there isnt time to be cooking but can make a slow day special.

Chris

If im ever in an all day hunt, i know who to hunt with :lol3: :thumbsup:
Mallarddrake
hunter

Postby widuckhunter1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Box of 3's and 2's
Chokes and Wrench
Copenhagen
Lighter
Dog First Aid kit that i've used more on myself than her
Bottle of Mt.Dew
Transmitter for dog collar and dog collar
Granola Bars
Keep my phone in it too
Born to hunt, forced to work.
widuckhunter1
hunter

Postby Dave in AZ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Usually walk in thru mud and set up in swampy areas. Everything in one backpack.

Decoy/blind bag: military A-4 dufflebag w/ shoulder straps
4'x8' burlap w/ cattail camo pattern, for blinds
2x 4ft 3/4" emc, mud walking poles and blind building supports
6 to 8 mallard decoys
6 teal decoys on a jerk rig, 35 yards string for ranging.
mojo pole, anchors jerk rig, serves as walking pole too
baby mojo, remote control, sometimes 2
4x plastic spring-clamps, for blind building, camo painted
extendable golf-ball retriever w/ pool noodle taped over handle (floats), 15ft duck/decoy retriever, collapses to 3.5ft, camoed

camo bucket with screw-on waterproof lid: seat and blind bag. Can fit on top of decoys.
Toilet paper in plastic bag
5 or so plastic walmart bags, for turning camo bucket into crapper etc.
2x box ammo, #2 and #3
ammo belt / wader belt, with #4 or #6 HW13 loads for geese
binoculars
2x water bottle
bag of trail mix/gorp
several granola bars
hand snipper/trimmers for building blinds etc
duck strap
30yds para cord or jerk cord
lighter

Jacket, waterproof duck camo, with stuff in zipping pockets:
Duck calls on lanyard
decoy gloves, neoprene
light camo gloves
face mask
duck hat
bug spray
ziploc for shells
neck gaiter
knife
2x headlamps
mojo remote
ear plugs
clear waterproof neck pouch for phone, wallet, license in wallet
chapstick
watch cap
extra choke and wrench
zipties
printed land ownership papers showing access rights or various rules for where I'm hunting in ziploc

Just wear a poly fleece to walk in, everything else (decoys, bucket seat w/ gear, jacket w/ gear) stuffs into backpack/duffle-bag for transport. Gun goes in a waterproof case over top, and I use 2 of poles to walk thru mud.

I sometimes have a kid with me, in which case I probably have hats/gloves/mask/shells for him too.
Dave in AZ
hunter

Postby Sd-Snowgoose » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Hangover kit shells munchies small bottled water pet emt kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sd-Snowgoose
hunter

Postby snowman48047 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:29 am

In addition to everything that has been listed already, I have the plastic case from electrical tape full of fuses for the boat. Bug spray was added last season after hunting in 80 degree temps. Also a pair of rain bibs and coat. Pen and paper. A few extra ziplock bags.

When my crew hunts its for the day. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of duck chili or duck stew (also in my blind bag) on a cold November day. Propane, stove and a big pot, bowls and spoons are in a 20 gallon tote. I've had many great days AFTER other rigs have been picked up and the bay is left to me.

Here's a tip; Use the plastic coffee containers as shell boxes. I spray paint mine and it stays on the table next to me in the boat for easy access, one for the good shells and one with cheap junk to dispatch the occasional cripple. Shells stay dry too.
snowman48047
hunter

Postby Paulinkansas » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Most everything has been already mentioned but I used to put a

portable battery powered television

in my 2nd blind bag. This is hunting out of a boat. It's about the size of a loaf of bread. TV is powered by 8 D cells. Watched alot of football on Sundays with that.
Paulinkansas
hunter

Postby Tgunz64 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Gloves
Calls
Headlamp
Extra choke and wrench
Leatherman
Couple boxes of shells
TP
Something to eat/drink
Binoculars
Wader repair goop.
Tgunz64
hunter

Postby Canned Heat 28 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:39 pm

Shells
Gloves / spares
Binocs
Hand warmers (if late season)
Warmer hat (if late season)
camo zip ties
head lamp
spare batteries for head lamp
spare tin of Kodiak
face paint
batteries for Mojos
something to drink with a twist top (usually a 20 oz Mtn Dew)
something to eat (usually an apple and jerky)
phone
copy of the regs
Canned Heat 28
Newb

Postby DURPF » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Because I wear contact lenses (now for over 50 years). I carry a small mirror. If I get some seeds or junk in my eye I'd rather try to take it out directly than to take out a contact lense and risk loosing one. Oh yeah, I also carry a cigar case with one cigar, lighter, and cutter.
DURPF
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum