Decoy Sled?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Decoy Sled?

Postby WSUWESTON » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I use the jet sled middle size. They fit in a super mag game cart great. Never had a problem :thumbsup:
WSUWESTON
Forum Moderator

Postby coulterville33 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am

We use four rivers decoy sled very large and tuff and floats a lot of gear
coulterville33
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm

That is a BA picture! That's about the size of mine now. Nice lookin Lab!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 am

WSUWESTON wrote:I use the jet sled middle size. They fit in a super mag game cart great. Never had a problem :thumbsup:

Just picked this combo up at cabelas on veterans day. Got employee discount on the cart for being military knocked it down to just over a 100 after tax. The middle size jet sled was on sale for just under 40 after tax. Buddy of mine bought this combo last season. It's awesome looking forward to using it and saving my back. I plan on making a four wheeler tow bar for the sled and cart. Figured they were worth the money between using them for hauling fire wood, decoys, and deer. The cart is great for walking in you put the sled on it load everything in strap it down walk till you hit water pull sled off and pull it through the water. I got the camo sled cause thats all they had in the store and I was there. Hope it holds up my friends from last season as far as I know is still fine. I couldn't justify spending double on the beavertail sled.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby ryanoutloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 am

I found these to be just as useful and cheaper, although you'll need to some extra support where the rope attaches. Jet sled is 15in longer but width is the same and you can piggy back them.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasgad-Larg ... ouHjpTF1GQ
ryanoutloud
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Ive been curious about sleds in a certain aspect. Has anyone used one to tow behind a boat in order to help carry extra gear? With my blind material on the front of the boat, 2 blind bags, 2 guns, 6-8 dozen dekes, and 2 people, boat space is pretty scarce. It'd be towed behind a 12-14' bass tracker that has a 35hp motor (steering wheel driven). Will it be feasible? will it take on water?
Chris6418
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Forget that notion.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Chris6418 wrote:Ive been curious about sleds in a certain aspect. Has anyone used one to tow behind a boat in order to help carry extra gear? With my blind material on the front of the boat, 2 blind bags, 2 guns, 6-8 dozen dekes, and 2 people, boat space is pretty scarce. It'd be towed behind a 12-14' bass tracker that has a 35hp motor (steering wheel driven). Will it be feasible? will it take on water?

You have 2 guys with gear and 8 dozen decoys n a 12 foot boat? :eek:

I was going to suggest a 12' flatbottom to pull behind you, but that's what you are riding in!
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:52 pm

BBK wrote:
Chris6418 wrote:Ive been curious about sleds in a certain aspect. Has anyone used one to tow behind a boat in order to help carry extra gear? With my blind material on the front of the boat, 2 blind bags, 2 guns, 6-8 dozen dekes, and 2 people, boat space is pretty scarce. It'd be towed behind a 12-14' bass tracker that has a 35hp motor (steering wheel driven). Will it be feasible? will it take on water?

You have 2 guys with gear and 8 dozen decoys n a 12 foot boat? :eek:

I was going to suggest a 12' flatbottom to pull behind you, but that's what you are riding in!

Typo, meant to say 14-16ft. But yes, it is a 16 footer and carries all the mentioned gear with me plus a passenger. Weight wise, it's more than fine. It's more about space
Chris6418
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I pull the above pictured four rivers sled behind my boat no problem. I have had smaller sleds that I didn't trust behind the boat.
coulterville33
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum