Polyester Camo Hunting Pants

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Polyester Camo Hunting Pants

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 am

Last week, I wore camo pants of a mix-blend of 40% cotton and 60% polyester under my waders. I was sweating my butt off even though it wasn't too warm. We had to walk 250 yards through knee deep silty mud to get to our spot. My butt was soaked with sweat. When I sat down, it felt like I was sitting in a wet diaper. It was not comfortable, especially because it really was fairly cold in the morning. I know the obvious advice would be to buy breathable wader but, that still wouldn't help with the sweat retention of the mix blend material pants. When I wear synthetic fabric long undies and fleece wader pants in the winter, I don't have this problem but, fleece is too hot for this "warmer" weather.

I'm looking for durable 100% polyester BDU style camo pants that are normal weight material, not summer weight like Columbia fishing pants. I'd like to use these pants for early season under the waders and for turkey hunting. Does anyone know of a good quality pair of pants that fits that description?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Re: Polyester Camo Hunting Pants

Postby Hunterhog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:21 am

vincentpa wrote:Last week, I wore camo pants of a mix-blend of 40% cotton and 60% polyester under my waders. I was sweating my butt off even though it wasn't too warm. We had to walk 250 yards through knee deep silty mud to get to our spot. My butt was soaked with sweat. When I sat down, it felt like I was sitting in a wet diaper. It was not comfortable, especially because it really was fairly cold in the morning. I know the obvious advice would be to buy breathable wader but, that still wouldn't help with the sweat retention of the mix blend material pants. When I wear synthetic fabric long undies and fleece wader pants in the winter, I don't have this problem but, fleece is too hot for this "warmer" weather.

I'm looking for durable 100% polyester BDU style camo pants that are normal weight material, not summer weight like Columbia fishing pants. I'd like to use these pants for early season under the waders and for turkey hunting. Does anyone know of a good quality pair of pants that fits that description?

This probably won't answer your question, but I used to wear a pair of camo fleece wader pants with the stirrups at the footholes to keep them tucked in the boot, but I had the same problem with sweating while walking in. I ended up just buying a pair of flannel/fleece-lined khakis from Eddie Bauer and layer up underneath to account for how cold it's going to be versus how much walking I have to do. On really cold days where we're just motoring out to a hole and getting into the blind, I'll wear my fleece pants, but I usually stick with the khakis and long john bottoms (especially early in the season) and have never had a problem.

Of course, if you're going to wear them turkey hunting and not just under waders during duck season, that probably won't help.
Hunterhog
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 pm

If it's warm, I just wear gym shorts under the waders. When it starts to get below freezing, i go to the polyprop long underwear. I've water over the waders and still had a reasonably comfortable morning.

I couldn't imagine wearing pants underneath waders. Sounds just terrible.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby pork4life » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm

I was wearing jeans under my 3mm waders when it was 90 degrees out last Saturday.......It can be done
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 pm

find some cheap fleece pajama pants and only wear those on warm days.

on warm days I only wear my UA base layers under my waders or just my Drake fleece lined wader pants if its below 55 or so.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum