Cabela's Supermag waders too hot?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Cabela's Supermag waders too hot?

Postby ntxhunterusmc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I'll be doing nearly all of my hunting in TX and OK. Are the Supermags going to be too hot with 5mm neoprene and 1600g boots or will they just be hot early season? I was looking for 5mm 1000g, but didn't see that cabela's made any. If anyone hunts those areas and has any opinion on what specs are best for the temps I'd appreciate the input.
ntxhunterusmc
hunter

Re: Cabela's Supermag waders too hot?

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I have a pair of SuperMags. They are hot. Northern IL was about 34˚ this morning and I was sweating a little. I wore them early season this year and it sucked! Super hot. I had the waders around my ankles in the pit most of the time. I ordered LightMags and will keep the SuperMags for colder weather.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby RShockley » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:59 pm

I hunt north Texas as well. I went with the light mags and they are great. Hunted a few seasons ago in 17 degree weather and they have always been plenty warm. Not to hot for early season and with a pair of fleece wader pants they are warm in the late season. I have even hunted during teal season with them. Although they are a bit warm for September.
RShockley
hunter

Postby SquadIrons » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm

I hunt in CT with the supermags. This time of year I sweat like crazy if I have to do any kind of walking. If I'm just sitting there I'm warm, to slightly too-warm. Late season when temps are between -10 to 35 I'm most comfortable.
SquadIrons
hunter

Postby countrystyle4life » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 pm

I wear a pair for late season. I roll out of bed in basketball shorts and a UA shirt throw the Supermags on and my jacket and I'm warm all day in temps that don't get above freezing if that helps you at all.
countrystyle4life
hunter

Postby Get the green » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah I wouldn't recommend them if you have to do any walking..
Get the green
hunter

Postby TROB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm

I sweat my ass off in the supermags in anything over 35-40*. But when it's -5 to 15*, they're awesome.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum